Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey guys! I'm from Singapore!
hey guys! I'm from Singapore!
hello everyone, I'm from Singapore...

Apparently there is a sharp rise to the number of christians in my country and it is getting really uncomfortable for me. I remember vividly that ten years back, door to door visits were non-existent. But now, once in a few months they start knocking on my door, trying to save me.

But of course, I rebutted strongly, asking them why are there war, disease, hunger, poverty, corruption, pain, suffering if there is a God. And many other examples, which kind of made them start doubting about their beliefs (Great sense of satisfaction for me).

However, there are still some really stubborn ones who don't believe in medicine and science but use their products day after day.

The number of agnostic is pretty high here, I would say at least 50% for my generation (Those between 15-25 years old). But atheism is really very poor here, people don't fight for what they believe in, and it is painful to watch.

Ok, sorry for the wall of text lol. and HELLO! I would definitely try my best to make this forum active, and I hope the administrators would keep this forum going.
RE: hey guys! I'm from Singapore!
(February 12, 2009 at 10:40 am)funnyguy Wrote: hello everyone, I'm from Singapore...

Apparently there is a sharp rise to the number of christians in my country and it is getting really uncomfortable for me. I remember vividly that ten years back, door to door visits were non-existent. But now, once in a few months they start knocking on my door, trying to save me.

But of course, I rebutted strongly, asking them why are there war, disease, hunger, poverty, corruption, pain, suffering if there is a God. And many other examples, which kind of made them start doubting about their beliefs (Great sense of satisfaction for me).

However, there are still some really stubborn ones who don't believe in medicine and science but use their products day after day.

The number of agnostic is pretty high here, I would say at least 50% for my generation (Those between 15-25 years old). But atheism is really very poor here, people don't fight for what they believe in, and it is painful to watch.

Ok, sorry for the wall of text lol. and HELLO! I would definitely try my best to make this forum active, and I hope the administrators would keep this forum going.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I don't know much about Singapore. What do you think is causing an upsurge in christianity? Is it replacing some other superstition?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Ow yeah, almost forgot. Welcome to the forum from me as well. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Hello and welcome =D
Stay vocal, you might be responsible for the big upsurge in atheism there Tongue
Welcome! Good job on making them doubt, I love it when they go to an atheist and de-convert. They are usually good people, just victims of indoctrination.

I knew a guy from Singapore awhile back, sortof.

anyways, have fun!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
Good luck! Singapore is such a diverse country and that's what I love about it. So many different cultures thriving together as one; I hope this Christian evangelical surge doesn't change that.

Welcome to the forums!
Happiness is all that's important. What makes me happiest is making my loved ones happy.
Welcome, greetings - have a good time here! Smile

Oh and by the way - just wondering - you say agnosticism is a lot more common than atheism there - but they're not mutually exclusive are they?

Do you mean agnostics as in there are a lot more people who really aren't that sure what they believe/don't believe?

Or do you include the less militant atheists or NON-atheists (believers, theists/deists, etc) that (at least) aren't really 100% sure of their position?

I myself - for example - am an agnostic atheist because I'm not 100% sure there is no God - because he can't be disproved.

I'm ALMOST certain though. Just not 100%

Welcome and have a good time Big Grin

EvF

P.S: At least in my mind; there's no reason to apologize for 'the wall of text'.

Reads fine for me!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3233 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1822 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 609 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Wink Hi guys Ronnie 14 1559 January 29, 2021 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2330 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm