Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saerules Forums
Saerules Forums
Prior to April 1st this year, the staff gathered (as they always do) to discuss the ways in which we could fool our members this year. Pretty quickly, the idea of "Sae is everywhere" came up (thanks to Moros Synackaon). We would change everyone's username to "Aerzia Saerules Arktuos", have random Saerules avatars, and generally make the forum one hell of a confusing place for 24 hours.

Of course, a few days before April Fools Day, the server suffered a major crash, and so we decided to postpone April Fools until May 1st. In late April, I realized that I wouldn't be around for the deadline in order to make the changes. Hunting for a more appropriate date, I happened to glance at Saerules' profile and saw that her birthday was June 1st, so we rescheduled the changes for then. April Fools Day 2011 was only 2 months late for us, and we were able to wish Saerules a happy birthday at the same time.

If you weren't around to see the transformation, I took a screenshot, which you can see here:

Now we will endeavour to spend the next year trying to find a better way of tricking you next year.
RE: Saerules Forums
Heart

The forum banner looked so good I made it my avatar Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
You crazy bastards! I came on and was seriously like WTF when all I could see was Aerzia Saerules Arktuos everywhere.
(June 2, 2011 at 11:23 am)Napoleon666 Wrote: You crazy bastards! I came on and was seriously like WTF when all I could see was Aerzia Saerules Arktuos everywhere.

I believe my demonstration of ownership over the universe was well done. Much congratulations to myself and the mindslave codemonkies that made it happen Tiger

Heart
(June 2, 2011 at 1:52 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I believe my demonstration of ownership over the universe was well done. Much congratulations to myself and the mindslave codemonkies that made it happen Tiger

Heart

Hope you have that head anchored down, it can get mighty light with all that hot air inflating in. Big Grin

I expect a few games of Starcraft 2 out of you... I need a good zerg and I'm tired of trying to play it (I can get creep across the map, but never enough units). ^_^
Soon™ Wink

I'll be getting stuff going on the beach soon, but I expect to be playing regularly once I get the internet hooked up down there (D. S. L!).

I played a few days ago like 5 matches in a row after not playing for about 3 weeks-month, and all of them went against terran, and I lost in all of them to various reasons Sad

The only one I did alright in was a mass marine spammer, but I eventually crumpled to weariness and poor macro on my part. I must have killed some 550 marines with banelings and speedlings and my hydras... but you have to constantly be remaking those banelings and I finally forgot to rebuild them once I recognized my macro weaknesses and tech disadvantage Sad

I spread the creep far and wide, and built units like a madwoman for the first half though Smile Just forgot to tech to hive Sad

Godamn infestor den that doing so requires -_- I never ever want to touch the damn thing, but Hive tech requires it Undecided
Hope you had a happy birthday baby girl!! Heart The site looked wonderful 'codemonkies' Heart
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Future of the Forums (Discussion) Tiberius 130 19998 May 6, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 4) Tiberius 27 4809 April 27, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 1) Tiberius 201 26779 January 11, 2019 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 3) Forum Bot 33 6180 December 31, 2018 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  [Serious] Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 2) Tiberius 81 10800 December 19, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  User Suggestions for Future of Atheist Forums Shell B 47 7275 November 30, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Atheist Forums Financial Report 2017 Tiberius 12 3218 January 11, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: Sal
  Cards Against Atheist Forums Tiberius 32 15977 September 27, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheist Forums is now HTTPS only. Tiberius 19 3526 March 15, 2017 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Atheist Forums' 12 Days of Christmas Tiberius 19 4297 December 23, 2016 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady