Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Christian To Atheist
As per my first post, I am linking my testimony here. It's quite long, just so you know...

RE: From Christian To Atheist
I read some of it thanks for writing it. Hopefully some christians do read it and it helps them lose their indoctrination.
Hi DS from Oz.

Interesting testimonial, it will be more interesting to see what the christians here think of it.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Nice Story. (Now all you need now is another "to" Smile )

But yeah welcome to atheist forums and have fun!
And in heaven is your Sustenance, as (also) that which ye are promised - Surah Adh-Dhariyat
(June 5, 2011 at 12:52 am)Eternity Wrote: Nice Story. (Now all you need now is another "to" Smile )

Sorry mate, but as long as bacon is forbidden by Islam it isn't going to get a look in.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(June 5, 2011 at 12:52 am)Eternity Wrote: Nice Story. (Now all you need now is another "to" Smile )

lol Eternity ... are you suggesting that he convert to Islam?

yeah, lets trade one bloody fairy tale for an even more violent bloody fairy tale. Great

lol, silly muslim.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Welcome Dan to the forum Hi from Oz.

Interesting blog... thanks for sharing, yet you didn't mention how the rest of your family took to your "coming out". And good luck with the magic act! Smile
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
But bloody fairy tails are my favorite snack Tiger
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 5, 2011 at 1:54 am)Zen Badger Wrote:

Sorry mate, but as long as bacon is forbidden by Islam it isn't going to get a look in.

Dont forget the no alchohol clause thats another deal breaker.

And dont get me started on ramadan.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I thought the additional "to" was "to pastafarian"! Well, his noodly appendage has touched me!

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. As I was reading over that testimony again, I realized it's a bit out of date. I wrote it shortly after I outed myself. Then, I was still praying with my children for my wife's sake. I was even attending church for a while after I was atheist. However, I've not done a single thing to support the faith in the smallest measure. I'm still friends with some of my old Christian connections, but they know exactly where I stand...and seem to be okay with it. As far as how family took my outing? To be expected, I suppose. First met with silence, and then after I confronted them each in a phone conversation, hostility. Now, it's back to silence with an elephant in the room. But oh well. My wife is still Christian, but is extremely tolerant toward my atheism. She's not happy about it in the least, but we are still a happily married couple. I can live with that easy!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for all the warm welcomes!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex Christian, relieved to be an agnostic atheist SerenelyBlue 28 4495 September 7, 2016 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  Atheist married to Christian - hello! atheistmama 14 2819 November 28, 2013 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Ex-"New Atheist", Now Christian Love 103 32167 May 13, 2013 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Love