Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists: How do you explain this Irrefutable PROOF of Christianity?
Atheists: How do you explain this Irrefutable PROOF of Christianity?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhjJQciq...r_embedded
RE: Atheists: How do you explain this Irrefutable PROOF of Christianity?
christ!

another imbecile!

Someone needs to learn the definition of IRREFUTABLE.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I just puked a little, then I switched it off. I made it to 48 seconds before the queasiness set in.
I'm guessing you didn't even watch this worthless video as the only thing this guy even tries to prove is that the NT was written before 70 A.D., which says nothing of the validity of Christianity. It's nine minutes of rambling about how testimony is somehow proof with the occasional jab at liberals for good measure. If this is what proof is to you then there is proof of aliens, bigfoot, ghosts, and a whole host of other garbage only the delusional believe in. I'm guessing this poster just dropped in to dump a moronic video and will never be heard from again, which is probably a good thing for the theists here because this guy's giving you a bad name.

Lately it seems like the crazy train to Jesus town crashed and everybody on board is coming here.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The ability of xtians to delude themselves is frequently amazing.

In this case, per his own biography:

Quote:An eight-year veteran of the United States Navy, Frank served as a Naval Aviator in the Pacific, Indian Ocean, and Persian Gulf. He has a Doctorate of Ministry, a Masters of Public Administration

He knows jack shit about history or archaeology. There can't be much less useful than a "doctorate of ministry."
(June 13, 2011 at 11:56 pm)Charkie Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhjJQciq...r_embedded

Please do me a favour, read the books of Bart D Ehrman. Starting with Jesus: Apocalyptic Prophet of the New Millennium, then Jesus Misquoted, then Jesus Interrupted and finally Forged. Which introduces what higher critical studies of the New Testament have found out about the reliability (or lack therefore) of it in the past 200 years.

Since a lot of people don't know about this, they are often surprised by the fact that Paul did not write some of the letters traditionally attributed to him) and how later scribes altered new testament texts to combat other Christian groups they saw as heretical.

undefined
(June 14, 2011 at 6:04 am)Ziggystardust Wrote: Please do myself a favour, read the books of Bart D Ehrman. Starting with Jesus: Apocalyptic Prophet of the New Millennium, then Jesus Misquoted, then Jesus Interrupted and finally Forged. Which introduces what higher critical studies of the New Testament have found out about the reliability (or lack therefore) of it in the past 200 years.

Since a lot of people don't know about this, they are often surprised by the fact that Paul did not write some of the letters traditionally attributed to him) and how later scribes altered new testament texts to combat other Christian groups they saw as heretical.

I don't know if you've watched the video but he dismisses those views as liberal interpretations.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZnwZdh-iM

[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
(June 14, 2011 at 12:47 am)FaithNoMore Wrote: I'm guessing you didn't even watch this worthless video as the only thing this guy even tries to prove is that the NT was written before 70 A.D., which says nothing of the validity of Christianity. It's nine minutes of rambling about how testimony is somehow proof with the occasional jab at liberals for good measure. If this is what proof is to you then there is proof of aliens, bigfoot, ghosts, and a whole host of other garbage only the delusional believe in. I'm guessing this poster just dropped in to dump a moronic video and will never be heard from again, which is probably a good thing for the theists here because this guy's giving you a bad name.

Lately it seems like the crazy train to Jesus town crashed and everybody on board is coming here.

Not all theists, just Christians. And I was unaware that assertion oft repeated=proof of anything. But then, I am under the impression that most Christian apologetics consists of asserting a thing often enough and loud enough until those that cannot or will not think for themselves believe it, because they have heard it so much, it must be true. - James

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
"Atheists: How do you explain this Irrefutable PROOF of Christian arrogance, stupidity, and ignorance?" Good title for this thread. Admins? A tweak please?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What value do you see in studying theology in concerns to Christianity? EgoDeath 40 3822 September 8, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  God is completely inadequate to explain anything whatsoever Whateverist 20 2924 March 14, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3328 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheists, how would you explain these Christian testimonies? miguel54 44 9405 August 28, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
Shocked Proof that god, exists. Checkmate atheists! Christian Poe-try 25 8071 May 31, 2016 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6773 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christians: Please Explain Aractus 43 9775 December 10, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  cannibalism and you (christianity) dyresand 58 16122 August 30, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Explain Shuffle 26 5853 August 26, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Shuffle
  Can someone explain this to me ? Genesis 1. Science 110 20240 November 23, 2014 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Nope