Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone else look forward to death ?
Does anyone else look forward to death ?
I look forward to it Big Grin. Im not suicidal or anything i just think it will be a relief lol.
RE: Does anyone else look forward to death ?
No.
I plan to live life as long as I can. If I die, I die.
Quote:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
— Philip Pullman
Quote:The key is, to not think of death as an end, but as more of a very effective way to cut down on your expenses.

--Woody Allen Love and Death
not just yet, but there could come a time....like if I get so old that life means nothing or get some horrible illnes that means a lingering death.
Cheerful thread this!!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Yes, I actually look forward to death sometimes. I, however, was suicidal for a good portion of my life and suffered from severe depression. I'd say depression is probably the quickest and easiest way to get over a fear of death.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I do not at all look forward to it, but I am in no way afraid of it...
Cunt
Certainly not. I hope that in my lifetime science a) eliminates the need for sleep b) enables me to be downloaded onto a computer or cloned or reverse aging... However it's done, i don't care, I just want immortality till I choose otherwise.

No you sick fuck.
Nope. Keep on living till you stop. Not worried about it, but oddly enough, I like being alive.
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
How *can* you look forward to death? You're dead. You won't even know you've died, or were ever alive to begin with.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone else get deconverted by a single sentence? Astonished 67 9176 July 20, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Smile Where else? Little Rik 264 32649 October 22, 2016 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  What would evidence of a God even look like? Excited Penguin 153 22331 September 12, 2016 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Does anyone else feel like this? dyresand 21 3965 December 11, 2015 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Joods
  Does anyone find victim blaming the Texas artists disgusting? TheMessiah 29 4650 June 8, 2015 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Does anyone else miss Christopher Hitchens? TheMessiah 13 4302 March 12, 2015 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: QuarkDriven
  Does anyone else see this dyresand 26 9445 January 21, 2015 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Heh... take a look at this dyresand 15 2589 January 20, 2015 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  Anyone else ever think like this? Jextin 10 2425 December 31, 2014 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  anybody else find this really poignant? fojo 0 937 November 14, 2014 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: fojo