Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Possibly Proper Death Litany, aka ...
The Possibly Proper Death Litany, aka ...
...The Agnostic's Prayer

Insofar as I may be heard by anything, which may or may not care what I say, I ask, if it matters, that you be forgiven for anything you may have done or failed to do which requires forgiveness.

Conversely, if not forgiveness but something else may be required to ensure any possible benefit for which you may be eligible after the destruction of your body, I ask that this, whatever it may be, be granted or withheld, as the case may be, in such a manner as to insure your receiving said benefit. I ask this in my capacity as your elected intermediary between yourself and that which may not be yourself, but which may have an interest in the matter of your receiving as much as it is possible for you to receive of this thing, and which may in some way be influenced by this ceremony.

Amen.
RE: The Possibly Proper Death Litany, aka ...
^Not one of his better efforts, but you should still credit the author. See Rule#20.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 15, 2023 at 4:39 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ^Not one of his better efforts, but you should still credit the author. See Rule#20.

Boru

Author info here: http://www.gregroelofs.com/humor/zelazny_agnostic.html
Better late than never, I suppose.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I keep forgetting that some folks can't google. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
(December 15, 2023 at 12:01 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I keep forgetting that some folks can't google. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

It’s not a Googling issue, thicko.

Boru
Miss Congeniality.
Creatures of Light and Darkness, really liked that book.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(December 15, 2023 at 1:17 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Creatures of Light and Darkness, really liked that book.

It was alright. Not his best work, IMHO.

Boru
No, but I have a thing for mythology. I REALLY liked Lord of Light.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God. unityconversation 157 14296 March 18, 2020 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  Objective morality as a proper basic belief Little Henry 609 160380 July 29, 2017 at 1:02 am
Last Post: Astonished
Exclamation new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked") ProgrammingGodJordan 142 14638 January 2, 2017 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  The "God" World. [aka Weaveworld] JBrentonK 54 8665 December 31, 2015 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Joods
  Proper response matasteme 16 4127 November 18, 2013 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Refute a first cause which most people would call G-d AKA Deism xdrgnh 63 19842 May 12, 2013 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Proper term for someone who actively believes there is no god? Lehrling 16 4364 October 25, 2011 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Big Grin Possibly the worst thread ever. Even god agrees. 5thHorseman 33 9044 October 11, 2011 at 9:28 am
Last Post: cookies4life
  Should Atheism proper include scepticism? TruthWorthy 31 8886 December 30, 2009 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: TruthWorthy