Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Atheist.
I'm Atheist.
Hello my name is ben lamb and im 14 but for reasons i might be banned i guess im 38 years old, other than that I've been a friendly atheist for hmmmm...ever since i was born (never heard of god when i was born)? And i came here to find some like minded people. So basically im here to make new atheist friends (knowing i have none?) and to throw my "flawless" logic around like george carlin.

[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
RE: I'm Atheist.
Welcome along. Doesn't matter if you're 14 or 38 Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hey and hello! Welcome to the forums! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxxlCZs9oaM

Hi Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 20, 2011 at 2:41 am)MilesTailsPrower Wrote: And i came here to find some like minded people. So basically im here to make new atheist friends (knowing i have none?) and to throw my "flawless" logic around like george carlin.

People often say "i came here to find some like minded people"
But I don't let that put me off, although our minds may only some times meet, I say hello.

[Image: YgZ8E.png]

Welcome aboard (if you can be aboard an Internet forum, as if it were a ship).

The folk are quite friendly around here, regardless of your particular religious viewpoint. The only time I have really seen the regular users get nasty (not trolls who log in, post, and leave) are when someone makes an attack on a person.

Although (from my somewhat limited perspective) the discussion can get quite heated, the attacks are never "to the person," unless someone attacks that way.

No friends? I thought that was my sole claim to individuality. I was generally of the opinion (my wife excepted) that the atheists, and to a lesser extent the agnostics, would dislike me because of my religious position; the Christians would use me for fuel for a marshmallow roast (see religious position under my avatar).

Actually though, they mostly seem to be decent folk here, like most folk in general. The atheists have never attacked me personally (nor my positions for the most part), the Christian theists haven't called for a witch-burning, the other theists don't seem to care much, and the agnostics just don't know for sure.

Back in the ancient 1980's I ran a Wiccan/pagan bulletin board service on my Commodore 64 in Virginia Beach, the hometown of Rev. Pat Robertson. I made the mistake of allowing a minor from Newport News to join the forum. After his parents found out, they threatened to sue me. Didn't matter that it wasn't illegal; as I would have had to hire a lawyer on a sailor's pay and defend myself in court while deployed, I had to instead take the bulletin board underground, and kick him off. Standing up for your beliefs is one thing, and a religious person or atheist person here will do a lot of both, but putting a pile of money into a lawsuit was beyond me then. (It is now, too. It is nice to say "stand up for your beliefs" when you don't have to pay for it.)

On this forum, they will not attack you for age, or your belief. They may attack a particular position you hold, particularly if you hold forth it is "The Truth" and cannot back it up with evidence, but I have never seen a personal attack here unless the fool in question deserved it.

Much friendlier than another atheist forum I was recently a member of; that place the membership goes in for personal attacks rather than rational (or even irrational) discussion. I wouldn't recommend it.

James.

Done watching season four of "Little Mosque on the Prairie" from the CBC. A really good show. Why can't we have such TV like that in the States? Fox bought the rights to air it here, so they could bury it and prevent it from being broadcast - why do religious fundamentalists here let an Australian billionaire tell them what to think?

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
Welcome sir.
Cunt
Because the last thing the man behind the curtain want's is a well informed public capable of critical thinking.
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
(June 20, 2011 at 2:40 pm)MilesTailsPrower Wrote: Because the last thing the man behind the curtain want's is a well informed public capable of critical thinking.

Mostly correct... but I am a woman Smile

And it's not the last thing that I want... it's something I absolutely wish to avoid. The last thing I want is to learn chinese. It's something to do when I've done everything else Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Hello and welcome to the forum.