Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Dunn from Jackass died today at age 34
Ryan Dunn from Jackass died today at age 34
I heard today on the news that Ryan Dunn from Jackass today died. He can survive a beating from a the double - K world women's lightweight champion, but can't survive a car crash.

[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
RE: Ryan Dunn from Jackass died today at age 34
I'm a fan from the CKY videos days. That's a pretty big bummer.
Driving drunk will do that to ya.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

When you add the fact that he was going over 100 mph into the drinking and driving you've got a recipe for death. It makes me wonder, did he start thinking he was invincible?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I have all CKY CDs on my iPod. Great stuff with great memories.

Helluva way to exit. Sad he had a passenger, though.
Trying to update my sig ...
When someone gets into a car with a friend whom they know drives fast, they know what they are doing. If I got into a car with a friend of mine and he drove it into a tree going fast, chances are that I was fully aware of the danger of the situation and was having fun with my friend. If his friend didn't like the way he drove, he would not have gotten in the car with him. I wouldn't want people to blame my friend, if it were me. Yes, he was driving recklessly, but the fact is that only two men were killed and both were party to the situation, had agreed to it, in other words. It is sad, no matter how you slice it, but no "innocent" people were killed.

Oh, I love CKY. I like the old videos Bam used to make for the music. Good stuff. I doubt I will watch Jackass shit anymore, though.
Maybe so, but if both of them were wasted, I still blame the driver first. I dunno, Shell. It sucks no matter which way it works.

To be honest, while I love CKY, I never got much out of Jackass.
It does suck no matter which way it works. However, getting into a car with a drunk driver is a personal choice. If it were a child, I could find fault with the driver, but a passenger that is a grown person and a friend is a willing participant. Whoever it was knew the consequences. That being said, I heard he had two beers and two shots over a period of four hours. The autopsy is not complete, either. Therefore, there is no saying whether he was drunk or not. Two beers and two shots would not have been enough for me to be drunk in my drinking days, not over a period of four hours. I think he was simply driving fast, but I am not sure if he drank before or after he went to that bar, either. He did have a history of driving too fast. He had a similar accident when he was in his teens that flipped him several times across a highway. The cause of that was speed. You give someone like that a Porsche and you have a recipe for disaster. Reckless or not, he was a human being. It's awful that he was killed in the crash.
I wonder whether he was partial to other drugs. I can't say that I know a lot about his personal life. I do know that I've been on bikes at over 160 and the margin for error is minuscule, so even a bit of alcohol might have ruined his chances for recovering from a mistake.
(June 21, 2011 at 4:02 pm)Epimethean Wrote: I wonder whether he was partial to other drugs.

I can't say this with 100% certainty, but I doubted. One of his friends, Novak, was a serious heroin addict and is currently still having issues with drugs. I watched a documentary that had both of them in it. It seemed to me as if Dunn was pretty disgusted by Novak's drug use. He was one of the people who tried to intervene and get him clean. Based on that alone, I lean toward no, but you never know.

(June 21, 2011 at 4:02 pm)Epimethean Wrote: I can't say that I know a lot about his personal life. I do know that I've been on bikes at over 160 and the margin for error is minuscule, so even a bit of alcohol might have ruined his chances for recovering from a mistake.

Even then, being drunk wouldn't really be the cause of the crash, it would still be the speed. He would have to actually be drunk for the police to call that the cause.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Islamic Golden Age WinterHold 8 915 April 30, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Borowitz Today Minimalist 8 1736 December 2, 2017 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Charles Manson, dead at age 83 Aroura 51 6109 November 22, 2017 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Age of Oblivion - my (hopefully) first full novel. Iroscato 15 2645 August 13, 2015 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Ooooh dear, here's a letter to the editor in my newspaper today LarissaAnn 5 1079 August 23, 2014 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  The Lord is not on Trial Here Today pineapplebunnybounce 4 1411 November 30, 2013 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: freedomfromforum
  ...the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow... Autumnlicious 0 1264 October 30, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  The Golden Age of Video. Creed of Heresy 0 1106 September 19, 2012 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  I ordered mine today! Get yours now! Dotard 2 1290 January 18, 2010 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13