Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charles Manson, dead at age 83
Charles Manson, dead at age 83
Quote:Charles Manson, the cult leader of the Manson family who masterminded the Tate-LaBianca killings of 1969 and one of the most reviled and fascinating figures in American pop culture, died Sunday night, CBS Los Angeles reports. He was 83. Manson had been rushed to a Bakersfield, California hospital from Corcoran State Prison earlier this month for an undisclosed medical issue.

Manson died of natural causes at Kern County hospital, according to a California Department of Corrections statement.

Rolling Stones article

I don't even know what to add to this except it's something else to talk about beside sex scandals, religion, and Trump.

Did he have a mental illness?
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
RE: Charles Manson, dead at age 83
Looking at the Guinn biography, it seems it started off as a defense mechanism to keep the older boys from raping him in reform school. But given that he took a song about a playground slide and turned it into a race war scenario, and took quite a bit of acid, by the time he actually went to jail, it’s very likely that, in the words of tvtropes, he became the mask.

Eventually, he was diagnosed with schizophrenia, which is hard to ignore.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
This guy has something in common with Trump: Both demonstrate that stupidity is dangerous. Both are con-men who prey on stupid people and manipulate them to do their bidding. Cure stupidity and both are harmless fools.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
[Image: Manson_Trump.jpg]He would have been the perfect fit in 45's administration!
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(November 20, 2017 at 10:16 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: This guy has something in common with Trump: Both demonstrate that stupidity is dangerous. Both are con-men who prey on stupid people and manipulate them to do their bidding. Cure stupidity and both are harmless fools.

What a difference 50 years makes. What put one man in prison got another man the presidency.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Psychopathy and narcissistic peraonality disorder would be my guess. But nothing severe enough that he couldn't understand that what he was doing was wrong and be deemed innocent.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Apparently, he was formally diagnosed with Schizophrenia, Paranoid Delusional Disorder, Antisocial Personality Disorder, and likely others.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I'm sure I experienced a glitch in reality like this already happened.  Was he on his deathbed before this?  I was sure he already died once.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(November 21, 2017 at 12:32 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Psychopathy and narcissistic peraonality disorder would be my guess. But nothing severe enough that he couldn't understand that what he was doing was wrong and be deemed innocent.

Do they really understand that what they were doing was wrong? If a person has no conscience, what will make them intuit that this and that is wrong?

(November 21, 2017 at 2:15 am)paulpablo Wrote: I'm sure I experienced a glitch in reality like this already happened.  Was he on his deathbed before this?  I was sure he already died once.

The Mandela Effect strikes again.
(November 21, 2017 at 1:03 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Apparently, he was formally diagnosed with Schizophrenia, Paranoid Delusional Disorder, Antisocial Personality Disorder, and likely others.
Even just the first one is a serious mental illness. Does that make him less culpable? An interesting idea to explore.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Islamic Golden Age WinterHold 8 901 April 30, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Age of Oblivion - my (hopefully) first full novel. Iroscato 15 2625 August 13, 2015 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Craig Charles Aractus 2 1546 March 12, 2015 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Aractus
  The Golden Age of Video. Creed of Heresy 0 1103 September 19, 2012 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Ryan Dunn from Jackass died today at age 34 MilesTailsPrower 34 9939 June 24, 2011 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Barack Obama On Science And Charles Darwin. leo-rcc 1 1590 February 14, 2009 at 3:13 am
Last Post: Darwinian