Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to hide a nuclear meltdown in Nebraska.
How to hide a nuclear meltdown in Nebraska.

Once you believe one incredible thing, your threshold for belief goes down and down, just like things in a toilet. (Incredible=not credible, lacks credibility)

My wife’s 1st ex-hub telephoned today from North Carolina. He is concerned about the “nuclear disaster” now unfolding in Nebraska, and is worried if we are okay.

I sent this to Dave S, my long time friend from the Navy and now physicist; Dave K, a scientist in Omaha where the plant is located; my brother-in-law Mike, a geologist, Earth scientist, and educator; my sister (an actress, you always need an actor’s opinion on world events); and my parents, because they like conspiracy theories; for their commentaries.

My wife’s 1st ex- called to warn about the “cover-up” at the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station, operated by the Omaha Public Power District, about twenty miles north of Omaha. It is located on the Missouri River and currently subject to extreme flooding. Another power plant downstream from Omaha may also come under water.

Searches on the Internet including the search term “Omaha World-Herald” placed three pages of conspiracy theory Websites above the newspaper. Wow. There must be a real conspiracy if every blogger in the world knows about it.

Yahoo! News carried an excerpt from the largest English newspaper in Pakistan, The Nation. The plant was placed in cold shutdown in April for maintenance and refueling, and has not been restarted due to the floods. They claim that the Russian Atomic Regulatory Agency reports the “Obama regime” has ordered a total news blackout on reporting after a catastrophic event at the plant on the level of Three Mile Island, including a core meltdown of the Fort Calhoun plant.

On the other hand, the Omaha World-Herald, Omaha’s largest English-language newspaper, is blithely reporting (with photos) during this “news blackout.” Its latest report in clear violation of the blackout order: http://www.omaha.com/article/20110617/NEWS01/706179913

I went to the trouble of hunting down The Nation article, which can be found here: http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newsp...ant-report

Likewise, KETV channel seven (ABC) in Omaha is ignoring the blackout order, and also trying to dispel the fast-breaking conspiracy theory of a meltdown at Fort Calhoun (video): http://www.ketv.com/r/28281114/detail.html

And that bastion of newsworthiness, Under the Mountain Bunker Blog (top of the searches, way above the World-Herald, their motto is “Come for the Apocalypse, stay for the coffee!”) http://underthemountainbunker.com/2011/0...nd-cooper/

I think I will send this to Snopes.com too. Barbara Mikkelson will get a kick out of this.

James.Read

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
RE: How to hide a nuclear meltdown in Nebraska.
John "Shitwit" McCain will blame it on illegal immigrants....but only Mexicans.
(June 21, 2011 at 12:35 am)Minimalist Wrote: John "Shitwit" McCain will blame it on illegal immigrants....but only Mexicans.

Yup. The weight of so many illegal immigrants in the Missouri and Platte river valleys have depressed the land so low it is below the water table now and flooding both rivers.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
I have noticed that the farther typical US people seem to go into religiosity, as well as other pseudoscientific beliefs such as alien abductions and Elvis sightings, that their general gullibility goes up. I guess when you're accepting one thing that doesn't make sense based on what you're told that it's not a big jump to believe other things that don't make sense based on what you are told - and often by the same people.

If you can believe in a god that you cannot detect with any sense or data collection equipment, and believe what someone says or writes that he wants you to do, that you can believe an alien abduction that can be observed to not happen, believe in "channeling" higher beings who lived on a continent that has been proven to not exist, or believe in a nuclear meltdown that isn't detectable with any scientific equipment in any country, or being reported by those scientists in any country in any language in any credible manner... or being reported by the people who live near it.

I guess they missed the part where sheep are known to get shorn, then slaughtered.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-nuclear bomb? WinterHold 17 990 February 20, 2022 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The Nuclear Age, and the nuclear threat TheBeardedDude 7 2581 November 13, 2013 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Higgs Boson Running Out of Places to Hide Anymouse 8 3899 July 25, 2011 at 9:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  heat output of SCRAMed nuclear reactor Anomalocaris 10 5501 March 21, 2011 at 7:04 am
Last Post: leo-rcc