Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poking the Shroud Crowd in the Ass.
Poking the Shroud Crowd in the Ass.
http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/...00900.html

Quote:The Holy Shroud of Turin, one of the most venerated objects of Christianity, was made by Italian pre-Renaissance artistic great Giotto, an Italian expert says.

Quote:The great late-Gothic artist did not mean to perpetrate a hoax when he created the Shroud, Buso contends.

"He wasn't trying to fake anything, which is clear from the fact that he signed it 'Giotto 15', to authenticate it as his own work from 1315".

Let the shrieking commence!
RE: Poking the Shroud Crowd in the Ass.
You know Min, most Xtians have invested so much in that belief, made so much pride of their god, made so much lying, indoctrinating, etc for jeeebus, that to actually acknowledge that their god may not exist its a big no-no. There is a majority of people in this world that prefer to die, to admit they were wrong.

But I like to see them bend over backwards to justify themselves, I figure you do too Big Grin
Apparently in the catholic church they want them to bend over forward so the priest has easier access!
Leggendo questo mi ha fatto sorridere. Bravo!
Trying to update my sig ...
(June 25, 2011 at 5:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Apparently in the catholic church they want them to bend over forward so the priest has easier access!

Yeah, I know all about catholics, I was briefly one. Good that I wasn't an altar boy, YiKES!
(June 25, 2011 at 5:44 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Leggendo questo mi ha fatto sorridere. Bravo!

Big Grin
"Yeah, I know all about catholics, I was briefly one. Good that I wasn't an altar boy, YiKES!"

I do love Gawdzilla's avatar extra much after you say that.
Sadly, no matter how much evidence stacks up proving the shroud to be a hoax, it won't stop the desperate from believing it is real.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Evidence is meaningless to the lobotomized.
(June 25, 2011 at 9:00 pm)FaithNoMore Wrote: Sadly, no matter how much evidence stacks up proving the shroud to be a hoax, it won't stop the desperate from believing it is real.

Same goes for their fucking bible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So, "Noah" had four big-ass cranes? Minimalist 27 4451 April 15, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Blow the 10 Commandments Out Your Ass.... Minimalist 44 8955 August 11, 2014 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Bible Takes It Up The Ass, Again! Minimalist 131 24042 February 16, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Toddler sings "Aint no homo gonna make it to heaven." Church crowd cheers Ziploc Surprise 59 26425 July 10, 2013 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Michael Schubert
  Oh, Thank you, Your Ass-Holiness.... Minimalist 104 33877 April 20, 2011 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Zen Badger