Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My old flat.
My old flat.
She's seen better days;

[Image: ROSS0021.JPG]

I'd still be living there if not for these damn quakes, it was a quaint little building with a Thai restaurant on the bottom floor, smack in the middle of the city, awesome location and ideal for anyone who likes to get blind drunk and stumble home.
RE: My old flat.
I am still sick with the irony of a place called Christchurch being flattened by one of the nastiest earthquakes in the past decade...
That's so sad Sad
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Don't worry my friend, there are other places to live attached to Asian restaurants.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I thought you guys did so well after the first shake but then the second one came along.

Anyway good luck and thanks for John Clarke, I liked his look at the Greek/European mess this week.

Quote:BRYAN DAWE: Thanks for your time tonight.

JOHN CLARKE: It's very good to be with you. My pleasure. Good evening.

BRYAN DAWE: I understand you're an economist?

JOHN CLARKE: I am an economist. Yes, indeed.

BRYAN DAWE: Right. Do you understand the euro?

JOHN CLARKE: No, I'm an economist. No, you want religious questions, Bryan, you've gotta go and get somebody appropriately qualified. I'm an economist.

BRYAN DAWE: Can you explain to us then the Greek economy?

JOHN CLARKE: Oh, look, Bryan, better value elsewhere, I think. I mean, I wouldn't ...

BRYAN DAWE: Better value elsewhere? What do you mean?

JOHN CLARKE: No, I wouldn't touch it with a pole, Bryan. Don't put your money in there.

BRYAN DAWE: No, no, no; I don't want to invest in it. I'm just asking you to describe it.

JOHN CLARKE: Oh, you're seeking information about it?

BRYAN DAWE: Yeah, information about it. Yeah. 'Cause there's a great amount of nervousness, isn't there ... ?

JOHN CLARKE: Oh, there certainly is, Bryan, and they have, let's face it, very serious structural problems with the Greek economy.

BRYAN DAWE: They're broke.

JOHN CLARKE: They would be if things improved out of sight, Bryan. I think the problem's actually worse than that at the moment.
http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2011/s3269873.htm
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
That really sucks, Void. With pretty much the whole country being an earthquake zone you don't get a lot of choices to avoid it.
Ah, I live in such an apartment.. In the middle of the city centre, top floor with a whole corner to ourselves (only one neighbour on the side and a deaf old man the floor under) and with a Chinese restaurant on the street level, that serves Italian food. It truly doesn't get better than that, I'm sorry for your loss, Void Sad I'm just happy myself that I don't live anywhere near a tectonic plate fissure :p
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

That sucks, Void. Still, I think things turned out alright for you. I mean, your pieces aren't being pulled into the dumpster, right? Smile I'm just glad you're alive. Now, move to the east coast of the U.S. Then, you only have to worry about hurricanes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday, Flat Assembler! BrianSoddingBoru4 1 306 October 8, 2020 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  sharing a room/flat with a theist mcolafson 5 579 September 1, 2016 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Jesster
  Oklahoma City Fucked Flat Minimalist 22 5720 May 23, 2013 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Big Blue Sky
  62 yr old man hits 2 year old at walmart. IowaBoy 34 15637 September 19, 2009 at 4:59 am
Last Post: Violet