Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Your History Knowledge
Test Your History Knowledge
Test your history knowledge...

http://quiz.history.com/game
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Test Your History Knowledge
(August 4, 2011 at 2:33 pm)A Theist Wrote: Test your history knowledge...

http://quiz.history.com/game

I got every question right and still I feel stupid for having actually taken the silly test.

Is 0 good?
Only the fucking History Channel would include questions about rap music in a history quiz.

They have gone totally down the shitter in the last few years.
The questions must be randomized because I didn't have any questions about rap. I do agree the channel has gone downhill though. Too many stupid reality shows and delusional shows about religion and aliens.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
There are an awful lot of pop culture questions in there. I hate that. I took the test three times and wound up with questions like, "Who was the den mother of the rat pack?" Are you fucking serious?
Correct Answers/Questions: 7 out of 10
Final Game Score: 1,105
Time to Complete Game: 43.10 seconds

This is a terrible way to test knowledge, by the way.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(August 4, 2011 at 4:15 pm)Shell B Wrote: There are an awful lot of pop culture questions in there. I hate that. I took the test three times and wound up with questions like, "Who was the den mother of the rat pack?" Are you fucking serious?

Shirley Maclaine (?) At least Shirl was apparently 'the good time had by all'.--she was one hot chick.

That kind of question belongs in a game of trivial-pursuit-for- baby boomers, not on an alleged history test.

PS I took the test and got 7/10 . It may come as a HUGE surprise to the OP, but there ARE actually over 2 hundred countries besides the US. Hard as may be to believe, they all have a history,most far more than the US.
Pad, Americans don't know shit about their own history....you expect them to pay attention to foreigners?

Big Grin
(August 5, 2011 at 1:13 am)Minimalist Wrote: Pad, Americans don't know shit about their own history..
Big Grin

To be fair,neither do most Aussies about ours. EG in a recent survey, around 80% (including me) could not name our first Prime Minister,so of course they kept using it in the citizenship test.Big Grin

Quote:..you expect them to pay attention to foreigners?

No, not really. Not since 1985 when I was in New York and was complimented on my English. I was miffed, so replied " Why thank you.Pity I can't say the same about yours". Angel Cloud

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1164 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2873 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Kamala Harris makes history Foxaèr 5 502 August 21, 2020 at 10:31 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The biggest crime in the history of humanity WinterHold 16 2745 September 22, 2017 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  History and some of the atrocities associated with it ErGingerbreadMandude 0 409 September 14, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  America drops "largest non-nuclear bomb in history" on Afganistan Aroura 77 12079 April 17, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  History of the electoral college READ.... Brian37 20 2217 November 15, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Guns: A Daily Show Test Foxaèr 11 1941 April 18, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  authoritarian/libertarian-left/right spectrum test stonedape 90 11529 September 9, 2014 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Losty
  No wonder students don't know history... Minimalist 21 5555 July 5, 2014 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist