Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence for Jesus outside the Bible?
Evidence for Jesus outside the Bible?
Well, I have been away for about a month and I suppose it is about time that I get back to bashing those Christians... Anyway, I am currently debating online with a friend of mine about the existence of Jesus. He claims there is evidence outside the Bible but I can't seem to find any and he won't give me any. God damn typical.

I tried to look some up, but they just ended up quoting the Bible.

Anyone got evidence?
Cunt
RE: Evidence for Jesus outside the Bible?
There is none. Demand that he produce it.

Couch your demand that you have already heard about Tacitus, Suetonius, and Pliny and none of them mention any "jesus." Also tell him that we already know that Josephus was a 4th century forgery.

Then, ask him what else he has.

You won't get much of an answer.
(August 5, 2011 at 1:17 pm)frankiej Wrote: He claims there is evidence outside the Bible but I can't seem to find any and he won't can't give me any.

FIFY

"They've proved it" is not a valid argument, though it's often used.
[Image: BlogSig.png][Image: sigimage.php?un=DaveD&t=182116&c1=7f5217...&c4=7f5217]
Yeah I had mentioned some of that... At least he isn't as ignorant as my friend who refuses to understand the definition of a "theory"...

I should get new friends.
Cunt
Well, I know The Shroud of Turin was a really big thing for believers, but that has been debunked. Also, all of the bleeding statues,portraits etc. and people seeing Jesus or the virgin mary in random objects have also turned out to be far less than a "miracle."
(August 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm)frankiej Wrote: Yeah I had mentioned some of that... At least he isn't as ignorant as my friend who refuses to understand the definition of a "theory"...

Or shoot the old ones.......
(August 5, 2011 at 1:45 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(August 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm)frankiej Wrote: Yeah I had mentioned some of that... At least he isn't as ignorant as my friend who refuses to understand the definition of a "theory"...

Or shoot the old ones.......

That might be the only reasonable thing I can do, otherwise their ignorance may spread...
Cunt
Did a post about this a while ago myself. After about 25 pages there still wasn't any evidence.

I think the fact that religion is dependant on faith says it all really.
(August 5, 2011 at 4:05 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Did a post about this a while ago myself. After about 25 pages there still wasn't any evidence.

I think the fact that religion is dependant on faith says it all really.

Indeed, Nappy. The superstitious will see their 'god' in everything. The rational will see him in nothing.
It's absurd to think that we still give religion the time of day in this day and age isn't it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44126 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Can someone show me the evidence of the bullshit bible articles? I believe in Harry Potter 36 4617 November 3, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Knowing god outside a biblical sense Foxaèr 60 10746 March 31, 2018 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  If evidence for god is in abundance, why is faith necessary? Foxaèr 181 37857 November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Atheists don't realize asking for evidence of God is a strawman ErGingerbreadMandude 240 28190 November 10, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20254 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Personal evidence Foxaèr 19 6025 November 4, 2017 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: c152
  Is Accepting Christian Evidence Special Pleading? SteveII 768 238887 September 28, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Do Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence? SteveII 643 133850 August 12, 2017 at 1:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Evidence: The Gathering Randy Carson 530 89477 September 25, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: abaris