Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tea Baggers...About What I Figured.
Tea Baggers...About What I Figured.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/17/opinio....html?_r=1

Quote:So what do Tea Partiers have in common? They are overwhelmingly white, but even compared to other white Republicans, they had a low regard for immigrants and blacks long before Barack Obama was president, and they still do.

And...even more obviously....

Quote:In fact, past Republican affiliation is the single strongest predictor of Tea Party support today.

What’s more, contrary to some accounts, the Tea Party is not a creature of the Great Recession. Many Americans have suffered in the last four years, but they are no more likely than anyone else to support the Tea Party. And while the public image of the Tea Party focuses on a desire to shrink government, concern over big government is hardly the only or even the most important predictor of Tea Party support among voters.
RE: Tea Baggers...About What I Figured.
I always knew they were just Lipton service.
Trying to update my sig ...
(August 20, 2011 at 12:21 am)Epimethean Wrote: I always knew they were just Lipton service.

More like Koch service.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Yeah they all give that closet racism vibe to me.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
They're also just the xtian right re-packaged.

Quote:The Tea Party’s generals may say their overriding concern is a smaller government, but not their rank and file, who are more concerned about putting God in government.
The Tea Party:
A group of right wing radicals who often dress up as their fantasy founding fathers who didn't exist as they imagine, want to restore a fantasy America that never really existed, all to please a fantasy god that doesn't exist.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
It almost sounds like a fucked version of the SCA.
Trying to update my sig ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I've finally figured out what's with this wall thing. Gawdzilla Sama 18 2067 August 1, 2018 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Israelis Have Figured It Out Minimalist 17 2388 June 17, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Watch Out For The Poison Tea, Man Minimalist 4 503 March 16, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Even "The Economist" Has Figured It Out Minimalist 7 1672 August 20, 2017 at 3:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Tea Bagging Shitheads At It Again Minimalist 10 1379 October 22, 2015 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Divinity
  As if The Tea Party Needed "Discrediting." Minimalist 9 1966 September 19, 2015 at 10:45 am
Last Post: abaris
  NH - Tea Party idiots kill 4th graders harmless bill KevinM1 46 7800 April 18, 2015 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Um....'God' Loves A Tea-Bagger Come To His Understanding! Minimalist 4 776 April 17, 2015 at 8:16 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Useful Tea Party idiots shocked to find out they are useful idiots... Ryantology 1 927 December 13, 2014 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Tea Party membership driven by white people who hate brown people, sez science Ryantology 33 6033 November 4, 2014 at 9:34 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin