Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do they play xbox in heaven?
Hi,

I have been an atheist for most of my life without knowing it. I only realised in the last 10 years that I was and am an atheist. As a child I was sent to Sunday school, which was great as I got to play table tennis, it got a bit boring when the bible came out though. I then went to church as I got slightly older. I always resented the fact that I was pushed into it and always found the fables farfetched. I decided it was not for me and asked my mother that she no longer send me. I would like to point out that my mum never goes to church and only gets the urge on the 25/12 as it seems "Christmassy". I was only sent as she thought it would teach me good morals which in my opinion is one of the religion traps.

I often ask myself the Xbox question, it never fails to get me thinking. If heaven was real it would be amazing to see my loved ones again. However what happens after we chatted and hugged kissed etc. Would I get fed up of them as I do now after several hours together? After spending 2 weeks with my family on holiday I am ready to kill them. I don’t see why this would change in heaven. If it made you more patient then you would not be you. Where would you spend time with your loved ones, I would be annoyed if there was one large family house, I need my space! And what if you were adopted would you meet your natural parents or your adopted parents? Can you kill someone in heaven? What is the mode of transport? Do they have sport or is everybody to busy waiting for the next family member to arrive?

Why do people of faith not ask themselves these questions, I’m sure when they go on holiday they check the hotel ratings before they book.

I am obviously jesting as common sense tells me that I should enjoy my time here and not spend my time apologising to a fictitious cloud Santa, then making the same mistakes again only to once again use my get out of jail free card.

I guess I have come here to listen to the opinion of like minded people, I am sick to death of seeing people ruin their precious little time they have on this planet.

Thanks
RE: Do they play xbox in heaven?
Nice intro....Welcome to our stress release.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
"Do they play xbox in heaven?"
Nope.

But welcome, nevertheless Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

^^^ What FNM said Great

Hi and Welcome XBox to the forums.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Of course not. They play Playstation!

Welcome fellow newb
Not without thumbs to press the buttons they don't. Welcome aboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I imagine heaven to be like the danger room in x-men, you can set up simulations of whatever you want...

Or maybe it is more like the holodeck on star trek.

Oh, and welcome sir.
Cunt
Actually, they do have Xbox in heaven. Unfortunately, because of the "sinful" nature of the games, most of the good games are in hell.
[Image: Evolution.png]

No. If Heaven exists they have just one game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxa9D_p8C4A
Don't forget this gem:

[Image: Super_3D_Noah%27s_Ark.png]

In fact, there are quite a few bible based games, specially for NES, SNES and Atari.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian