Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probe pictures Moon landing sites
Probe pictures Moon landing sites
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14813043

nasa have released new photos from a satelite orbiting the moon of the moon landing sites.

Looks like they did go after all.Wink Shades

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Probe pictures Moon landing sites
Well I wouldn't be totally convinced that this is proof positive.
If the landing was indeed faked then publishing some photos like these wouldn't be too difficult.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Does anyone here actually believe that the 800,000 people who worked on that project could keep this "hoax" a secret? Come on, give us a break!
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(September 10, 2011 at 1:20 pm)orogenicman Wrote: Does anyone here actually believe that the 800,000 people who worked on that project could keep this "hoax" a secret? Come on, give us a break!

I'm simply addressing whether these photos prove anything.
If you have any doubts whatsoever then this " evidence " is surely not proof positive and a doubter could claim they too are phoney.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Doubters claim all sorts of things. There is no convincing conspiracy theorists. They are batty as all hell. 9/11 truthers are my least favorite. Wait, I lied. Holocaust revisionists who say that the Jews are all lying are my least favorite.
"In geologic terms probably there will be no traces of the Apollo exploration in let's say 10 to 100 million years"

That's depressing. We obviously need to go back there and leave a bigger mark. Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeKH-N3mh0w
(September 10, 2011 at 1:35 pm)Shell B Wrote: Doubters claim all sorts of things. There is no convincing conspiracy theorists. They are batty as all hell. 9/11 truthers are my least favorite. Wait, I lied. Holocaust revisionists who say that the Jews are all lying are my least favorite.

Whether any conspiracy theory is convincing is surely a personal thing? You may not be convinced but others may be.
(September 10, 2011 at 1:40 pm)bozo Wrote: Whether any conspiracy theory is convincing is surely a personal thing? You may not be convinced but others may be.

I didn't say there are no convincing conspiracy theories, though I have yet to find one. I said there "is not convincing conspiracy theorists." In other words, they are going to think whatever they want to think no matter what facts you present them.

Yes, others may be convinced. In most cases, such as Holocaust Revisionism, those who are convinced have a clear agenda. Furthermore, they get to their conclusion first and work backward, throwing out every bit of evidence they find that is contrary to their "conclusion." They keep stuff that can convince other idiots and the cycle continues.

The only two people I know who are fully convinced of something asinine are: a Christian who wears a star of David and thinks dinosaurs and people lived together. He believes that the government blew up the world trade centers, despite the obvious difficulties of such a thing. The other is a pill popping, bi-polar mess of an ex crack head who thinks the world is ending in December of next year. You could say that conspiracy theorists creep me out, for the most part.
(September 10, 2011 at 1:52 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(September 10, 2011 at 1:40 pm)bozo Wrote: Whether any conspiracy theory is convincing is surely a personal thing? You may not be convinced but others may be.

I didn't say there are no convincing conspiracy theories, though I have yet to find one. I said there "is not convincing conspiracy theorists." In other words, they are going to think whatever they want to think no matter what facts you present them.

Yes, others may be convinced. In most cases, such as Holocaust Revisionism, those who are convinced have a clear agenda. Furthermore, they get to their conclusion first and work backward, throwing out every bit of evidence they find that is contrary to their "conclusion." They keep stuff that can convince other idiots and the cycle continues.

The only two people I know who are fully convinced of something asinine are: a Christian who wears a star of David and thinks dinosaurs and people lived together. He believes that the government blew up the world trade centers, despite the obvious difficulties of such a thing. The other is a pill popping, bi-polar mess of an ex crack head who thinks the world is ending in December of next year. You could say that conspiracy theorists creep me out, for the most part.

Hmmm, I think a conspiracy theorist achieves if anyone gives some credence to the theory. Simply labelling every such theorist as batty is not something I would agre with.
I agree with you over the holocaust deniers...they have a clear agenda.
I acknowledge you have a deep dislike for conspiracies overall, but we aren't all the same thankfully,( cause wouldn't life be dull if we were! )
The problem is that the american government regularly conspires. Iran Contra, Watergate and others, but these are all small rather easy to conceal and STILL CAME OUT.

The level of collusion in some of these theories would demand milions of dollars, split second timing and thousands of people staying quiet, they just arent do able.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  so-called "moon landing" question mariuss 104 23975 July 18, 2011 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb