Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A leopard can't change its spots.
A leopard can't change its spots.
The British National Party, a Party of the far-right, in response to the charge levelled at it that it is a racist organisation, has denied that it is . However, if it had made any progress in convincing people it isn't , then its support for the woman facing charges of racial harassment must put it a few steps backwards:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cri...53989.html

Here is an interesting history of golliwogs:

http://www.golliwogg.co.uk/racism.htm
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: A leopard can't change its spots.
Ah the BNP... Those crazy bastards.

Although, I did read about the first article there last week. I grew up seeing golliwog dolls in shops and never thought anything of them... I just thought it was an interesting wee character, nothing more... So, when a few years back, when they were removed from shops and removed from the jam jars I really didn't understand why...

But, the BNP are racist... There is no doubt of that.
Cunt
The BNP are racist. That I don't deny.

What I do deny is the charge of "racially aggravated harassment" for displaying a golliwog in her window. It's a ridiculous charge. My friend bought me a golliwog for my birthday earlier this year; it's a funny looking doll, nothing more. People will put their own perspectives into everything.
(September 14, 2011 at 3:37 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The BNP are racist. That I don't deny.

What I do deny is the charge of "racially aggravated harassment" for displaying a golliwog in her window. It's a ridiculous charge. My friend bought me a golliwog for my birthday earlier this year; it's a funny looking doll, nothing more. People will put their own perspectives into everything.

You can't deny a charge brought against anybody, actually. The charge has been brought and the case against her will be heard and a verdict will ensue.
Aren't you a bit old for dolls?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Exactly, I have always seen the golliwog dolls are a silly looking doll... The fact that someone actually then complained after seeing it I see as mildly pathetic... or that they are very insecure about who they are.

Cunt
(September 14, 2011 at 3:45 pm)frankiej Wrote: Exactly, I have always seen the golliwog dolls are a silly looking doll... The fact that someone actually then complained after seeing it I see as mildly pathetic... or that they are very insecure about who they are.

Frankie, you aren't black. If you read the article on the history of the golliwog maybe it will become clearer.
(September 14, 2011 at 3:45 pm)bozo Wrote: You can't deny a charge brought against anybody, actually. The charge has been brought and the case against her will be heard and a verdict will ensue.

He denies the rationale for the validity of such a charge. As do I.

Aren't you a bit old for not reading in between the lines?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(September 14, 2011 at 3:53 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(September 14, 2011 at 3:45 pm)bozo Wrote: You can't deny a charge brought against anybody, actually. The charge has been brought and the case against her will be heard and a verdict will ensue.

He denies the rationale for the validity of such a charge. As do I.

Aren't you a bit old for not reading in between the lines?

I'm very old but I can still just about spot inaccuracies in putting a sentence together.
I have just never seen the image that way... I just see it as an innocent image. But, people will interpret in another way...

I never ever even saw it connected to black people... I still only see it as a rather well designed character, but the fact that people abuse that character does sadden me.
Cunt
(September 14, 2011 at 3:56 pm)bozo Wrote: I'm very old but I can still just about spot inaccuracies in putting a sentence together.

And yet you cannot differentiate between "charge" as in "being charged by the courts" (legal terminology) and "charge" as in "people charge that so-an-so doesn't care about blacks" (not legal terminology, but colloquial).
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "Be the part of the change you want to see in the world!" bullshit? FlatAssembler 45 1916 February 3, 2024 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7396 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Do you REALLY want things to change? onlinebiker 16 1538 September 19, 2020 at 4:45 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 836 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Saudi Arabia whitewashing its reputation by paying to PR companies WinterHold 0 220 October 17, 2018 at 8:00 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Atlas Journals: Saudi Arabia and the change 2018 WinterHold 6 996 July 21, 2018 at 5:35 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  What would you change about the American public school system? Bahana 53 6079 April 17, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 71881 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4466 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Even if Climate Change was not real... NuclearEnergy 6 1309 April 19, 2017 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Brian37