Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the record...
For the record...
Are there any other Catholics on this forum? I haven't looked avidly, and I am curious.
RE: For the record...
(September 17, 2011 at 11:18 pm)Liu Bei mixed with Leondias Wrote: Are there any other Catholics on this forum? I haven't looked avidly, and I am curious.

Been there, done that. I am sorry, but maybe we can help you to see the light.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(September 17, 2011 at 11:26 pm)IATIA Wrote: Been there, done that. I am sorry, but maybe we can help you to see the light.

I would argue YOU need to see the light but thats a fight for another day. Or if you perfer we could debate it in the Religion-->Creationism forum but something tells me you won't.
(September 17, 2011 at 11:18 pm)Liu Bei mixed with Leondias Wrote: Are there any other Catholics on this forum? I haven't looked avidly, and I am curious.

I think you may be the only one at present. We get a few.They all do the same thing: regurgitate the same drivel and try to defend the indefensible. (the Church)

Almost always,the theists who come here get handed their head and then they leave.Very occasionally we get one who has the capacity for independent thought. They become moderators;currently we have two.

There is also a sprinkling of bloody-minded masochists we keep as pets and chew toys. There are currently several of them.

Tiger
I was raised so Catholic that I'm probably scarred for life in little ways. I'm cured of my forced insanity and would be glad to debate you on any religious topic you can throw at us.

I love using the bible to make the bible look tremendously revolting, and it's easy because it is exactly that!

What's a Catholic?
(September 17, 2011 at 11:33 pm)padraic Wrote: I think you may be the only one at present. We get a few.They all do the same thing: regurgitate the same drivel and try to defend the indefensible. (the Church)

Almost always,the theists who come here get handed their head and then they leave.Very occasionally we get one who has the capacity for independent thought. They become moderators;currently we have two.

There is also a sprinkling of bloody-minded masochists we keep as pets and chew toys. There are currently several of them.

Tiger

Hmm... It seems you have never had a compatant philosopher and open minded Catholic. Well, I suppose you have but never had took the time to listen to him/her.
DevilDevilDevil VS Worship

Not exactly a fair bout.
Competent. Tongue

Welcome, anyway. Smile
(September 17, 2011 at 11:37 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I was raised so Catholic that I'm probably scarred for life in little ways. I'm cured of my forced insanity and would be glad to debate you on any religious topic you can throw at us.

I love using the bible to make the bible look tremendously revolting, and it's easy because it is exactly that!

Lets debate then! Go to the Creationism forum please because I think it would be a adequite arena.

(September 17, 2011 at 11:41 pm)Shell B Wrote: Competent. Tongue

Welcome, anyway. Smile
Grr.... I hate spelling errors. But in a world of technology where there is spell check on EVERYTHING kids don't learn how to spell as well as they used too.

Liu Bei mixed with Leondias Wrote: Grr.... I hate spelling errors. But in a world of technology where there is spell check on EVERYTHING kids don't learn how to spell as well as they used too.

That's alright. Your spelling is adequate. Smile I'm just teasing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 22472 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Biblical Creation and the Geological Record in Juxtaposition Rhondazvous 11 3861 June 7, 2015 at 7:42 am
Last Post: dyresand