Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commentary on 9/11 atheist lawsuit
Commentary on 9/11 atheist lawsuit
Do you think this was very compassionate or positive, in the way this lawsuit was carried out?

I agree, the 9/11 memorial is quite Christian based and to a certain extent - it does go against the first amendment. However it appears that even the president of American Athiests agrees with me in saying

Quote:“They can allow every religious position to put in a symbol of equal size and stature, or they can take it all out, but they don’t get to pick and choose,” Mr. Silverman said.

So I in fact, do officially approve that the 9/11 memorial should include all symbols of all spiritual faiths, including atheists symbol "the atomic symbol"

I just think it was slightly insensitive to other peoples moderate faith in other spiritual concepts to question "where was God" on 9/11.

All I can say is the people on this planet who abide in evil, destruction and chaos are very powerful and that in many spiritual concepts it is clearly stated that "God gives humanity free expression" meaning God will intervene only if God has to. In many ways, God let's bad things happen because life on planet earth is merely a learning experience of both the Good and Bad. In the tragedy of 9/11 much spiritual learning has taken place.

We have come to see the faulty nature of extremism and religion. I think in many ways much of humanity has realized this and seeks a better spiritual life ever since then. However always remember that the life experience on this planet is supposed to be filled with both positive and negative learning experiences, as good and as bad as they can be sometimes.
RE: Commentary on 9/11 atheist lawsuit
(September 20, 2011 at 3:42 pm)TheouLive Wrote: "where was God" on 9/11.

Apparently it was being gang-raped by Allah & that pedophile Muhammad.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
The cross is a piece of the world trade centers. If you can find a Star of David in the rubble, feel free to put it up. Now, I do think anything that is specifically made for a memorial should either have no religious affiliation or all.

We have one in Boston that managed just that. I saw it on Saturday. http://www.voicesofseptember11.org/dev/m...mem_id=133
Quote:Do you think this was very compassionate or positive, in the way this lawsuit was carried out?

Straw man.

The people petitioners were exercising their rights at law. Did they offend a lot of people? Probably, so what? Everyone has the right to be offended.No one has the right NOT to be offended.

When given,compassion is freely given but may never be demanded or expected as a right.
(September 20, 2011 at 3:42 pm)TheouLive Wrote: So I in fact, do officially approve that the 9/11 memorial should include all symbols of all spiritual faiths, including atheists symbol "the atomic symbol"

I just think it was slightly insensitive to other peoples moderate faith in other spiritual concepts to question "where was God" on 9/11.

Actually, I think that would be perfect. The 'atheist symbol' (whatever that is. Do we have one?) with the inscription "Where was god on 9/11".

You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(September 20, 2011 at 7:30 pm)IATIA Wrote: "Where was god on 9/11?"

Actually, according the the bible, he was flying along side all of those pilots, listening to them mutter prayers to allah while they flew into the buildings that god was also already in.

Apparently god REALLY doesn't give a shit.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(September 20, 2011 at 8:11 pm)Cinjin Wrote:

Actually, according the the bible, he was flying along side all of those pilots, listening to them mutter prayers to allah while they flew into the buildings that god was also already in.

So, prayer is bad. If god would not have been listening to those prayers, he might have noticed what was going on and done something about it.

Nah! Wishful thinking.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(September 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm)IATIA Wrote:
(September 20, 2011 at 8:11 pm)Cinjin Wrote:

So, prayer is bad. If god would not have been listening to those prayers, he might have noticed what was going on and done something about it.

Nah! Wishful thinking.

Perhaps I may quote myself again

All I can say is the people on this planet who abide in evil, destruction and chaos are very powerful and that in many spiritual concepts it is clearly stated that "God gives humanity free expression" meaning God will intervene only if God has to.

God let's bad things happen because life on planet earth is merely a learning experience of both the Good and Bad. In the tragedy of 9/11 much spiritual learning has taken place.

If God intervened all the time, no one would learn. The life experience is meant to entail both the positive and negative. Only through negative experiences do you learn the most. Thus, humanity was given quite the lesson on that day.

This can also be reflected in the same way that the human being is a half animal, half human being. The Darwinist has realized the half animal nature of the human being, while the spiritual have realized the "half human being" aspect of who we are as human beings.

Just as it was reiterated in Genesis "Man was created in God's image" , this does not mean that God is a human being or a man, but merely that the qualities of love, compassion and understanding are reflective of God.

Quote:Everyone has the right to be offended.No one has the right NOT to be offended.

That is quite the dangerous statement. In such a statement you will find justification for racism, discrimination and hate. I simply don't approve of negative actions and behavior and neither should any human being. It simply expresses a profound ignorance for your fellow human being. I am completely against this ridiculous "right to be offended". People have a right to disagree and that's about it.

Quote:When given,compassion is freely given but may never be demanded or expected as a right.

I agree that's certainly how some people think, however I feel the only way we can improve humanity is by making compassion a right.
(September 20, 2011 at 9:18 pm)TheouLive Wrote:
Quote:Everyone has the right to be offended.No one has the right NOT to be offended.

That is quite the dangerous statement. In such a statement you will find justification for racism, discrimination and hate.

No you don't. What the hell were you reading?

Quote:I simply don't approve of negative actions and behavior and neither should any human being.

Define negative. My impression is that this world would be a rather stagnant place if we all went around disapproving of each other's negativity. Disapproval is negativity in and of itself. Let's be realistic here.

Quote:It simply expresses a profound ignorance for your fellow human being. I am completely against this ridiculous "right to be offended". People have a right to disagree and that's about it.

Holy fuck, we should call you "Anti-Annie."

Quote:I agree that's certainly how some people think, however I feel the only way we can improve humanity is by making compassion a right.

How does one make something a right for all of humanity? Are you suggesting world government of half-assers who are anti intangibles?
(September 20, 2011 at 9:18 pm)TheouLive Wrote: That is quite the dangerous statement. In such a statement you will find justification for racism, discrimination and hate. I simply don't approve of negative actions and behavior and neither should any human being. It simply expresses a profound ignorance for your fellow human being. I am completely against this ridiculous "right to be offended". People have a right to disagree and that's about it.

And we can add that to the long list of things you are wrong about.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lawsuit: Wrong sperm delivered to lesbian couple zolo 32 5824 October 6, 2014 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Lawsuit Claims Obama Can't Be President Because He's Black. Seriously. reverendjeremiah 27 8284 February 28, 2012 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Woman loses lawsuit over "Girls Gone Wild" video. Tiberius 87 40470 August 4, 2010 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy