Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawsuit: Wrong sperm delivered to lesbian couple
Lawsuit: Wrong sperm delivered to lesbian couple
I don't think the got any chance of winning this lawsuit.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...story.html
Quote:A white Ohio woman is suing a Downers Grove-based sperm bank, alleging that the company mistakenly gave her vials from an African-American donor, a fact that she said has made it difficult for her and her same-sex partner to raise their now 2-year-old daughter in an all-white community.
there are some snippets of the actual lawsuit if you read the article linked.
seems like the happy ending they wanted was to live in a "white" community with their "white" baby.
RE: Lawsuit: Wrong sperm delivered to lesbian couple
Shouldn't minorities stick together?
Lesbians and AI, always an interesting and frequently complicated topic.

The few couples I've encountered had at least one spouse willing to AI at home with her partner's brother's semen.

Apparently this wasn't an option this occasion. I've been apprised having 'male stuff' in her body by a friend of mine was psychologically very, very tough, and I am thinking having the "wrong" male stuff would have been devastating. Curiously from what little of the article I could read before the paywall slammed shut, their lawyers think they can get more mileage from the race angle.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm not thinking I agree.
Quote:After searching through pages of comprehensive histories for their top three donors, the lawsuit claims, Cramblett and her domestic partner, Amanda Zinkon, chose donor No. 380, who was also white. Their doctor in Ohio received vials from donor No. 330, who is African-American, the lawsuit said.

Seems like a simple case of negligence which is addressable as a civil matter. Someone at the sperm bank had the wrong glasses on.

Even racists have rights to sue in America.
She apparently knew of the mistake at 5 months pregnant. She could have had an abortion at that point.

I think this fact weakens her case.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I don't see where that absolves the sperm bank from liability for their negligence.

Besides....I thought you were a big fucking fan of fetuses?
Black fetuses are an exception
Weird perusing a catalog of sperm donors.

I just look at pictures on Craigslist . . . . .
It took me a bit of time to get that
(October 4, 2014 at 11:12 pm)DramaQueen Wrote: Black fetuses are an exception

Just spit water all over my phone lol
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's wrong with Woke Spongebob 40 2832 January 23, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 343 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Everything wrong with Fox News in one video Fake Messiah 5 684 March 17, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Philosophy Of Antifa (Or Why It's Critics Are Wrong ) Amarok 10 1614 December 3, 2017 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yer doin' it wrong. Gawdzilla Sama 3 686 October 14, 2017 at 7:59 am
Last Post: brewer
  What in the FUCK is wrong with Republicans? NuclearEnergy 22 5553 August 11, 2017 at 5:50 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why can't Trump supporters admit there is something wrong with him NuclearEnergy 191 59434 June 21, 2017 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you think there is something mentally wrong with those who support Trump NuclearEnergy 31 10298 June 2, 2017 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  It's only a matter of time until Trump throws rocks at the wrong person NuclearEnergy 0 509 March 7, 2017 at 4:35 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  What The Hell Is Wrong With Some People A Theist 47 6829 March 5, 2017 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Jackalope