Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientists on trial
Scientists on trial
Curious what you all think of this trial. I think it's pretty fucked from go.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story...%2FP4v%2BD
Trying to update my sig ...
RE: Scientists on trial
Whoa.
One of the comments made a good point, will they be prosecuting weatherman next?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Montepulciano IS an extraordinary wine.

The rest of it is fucked up and about what I'd expect from a nation of catholic slaves.
I see the 'American Dream' is spreading. "Who can I blame and how much can I get".
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Seems like it IATIA.

This reaks of the recent 'Black Saturday Bush-fires' witch hunt.

When are humans going to give up the stupid notion that life has ANY guarantees, and that science is NOT trying to be god??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
How come no one ever put on trial dooms day prophets whose forecast proved equally wanting?
(September 21, 2011 at 4:09 am)Chuck Wrote: How come no one ever put on trial dooms day prophets whose forecast proved equally wanting?

Funny (sarcastic) about that hey Chuck? Or religion for that matter....

But hey lets see if we can't get $50 million out of these suckers (of which the Lawyers will get $6 million) for something that was beyond anyone's control or predictability. Angry
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
What...the fuck...
Cunt
(September 20, 2011 at 11:47 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Curious what you all think of this trial. I think it's pretty fucked from go.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story...%2FP4v%2BD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA

That's all I have to say to this...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientists detect mystery radio signal from nearby star Foxaèr 20 3605 August 13, 2017 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Is There a Difference Between Trusting Scientists and Trusting Preachers? Rhondazvous 153 20903 July 21, 2016 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Liberal Christain Scientists puzzle me! TheMonster 13 3297 July 13, 2015 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Scientists are FUN! bennyboy 0 708 June 24, 2014 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Rank the top best scientists of all time. Of all time. [so far] Autumnlicious 28 9862 October 5, 2012 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Scientists circumvent heisenbergs uncertainty principle downbeatplumb 1 3171 June 7, 2011 at 9:12 am
Last Post: lilphil1989
  Shamans and Scientists Tabby 28 12568 July 10, 2009 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Purple Rabbit
  ''Yes, Scientists believe in God''. CoxRox 44 16568 December 28, 2008 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc