Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Compliments
Best Compliments
I got this idea from Kayennah on chat, and the week ended with a snarl so I thought I'd make another happy thread.

What is/are the best compliment(s) you've ever gotten?

I told Kay two today that stand out in my mind. There's a third, but it's simply too deliciously private and naughty to tell. Wink

The first was from the man I called my king. He had gotten up to make breakfast...I think it was the second or third time we had spent the night together. I smelled coffee and got up to follow it and snagged a flannel shirt he had laying at the doorway to start to put on. He turned and looked at me and his face became gentle and happy and he said "I have a little Venus in my home."

The second was from a very charming froggy resident of this board who likes to go backpacking and hiking a lot. I swore I couldn't do such things - at least not camping. I need my coffee and a shower in the morning! I said "Remember...I'm a tender rose!" And he said no, "Eidelweiss. Soft and very hard to find."

Share yours! Smile
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Best Compliments
My daughter tells me, time to time, that she want's to be a daddy when she "gets big".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
"a" daddy or "like" daddy? lol
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
No difference to her. There's only one daddy, and whatever he does defines what it is to be a daddy. So sometimes she wants to stay up late, other times she wants to be able to reach the candy jar. The ones that come with hugs, and with no prompting are the ones that threaten to melt the flinty heart. She calls herself a "mommy-baby" too, so I don't think that she realizes that the two are mutually exclusive just yet.

(hell, even if she does understand and literally wants to be a daddy, it's still the best compliment anyone's ever given me..lol)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
"After seeing you take off and put back on that costume, I have newfound respect for its complexity."

Made my day (night?), especially since I stripped down to put my costume on her as part of encouraging her to dance Big Grin
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
My kids tell me all the time I'm the best mom ever. Can't get a better compliment than that. I've heard all sorts of compliments for my physical appearance, but I am never really impressed with those. My favorite compliments are based upon my inner qualities.

My professor recently said I was "the most complexly intelligent student he'd ever had in his 35 years." Might have been bullshit, but he is paying me to write the introduction to his new book. To me, that's a greater compliment than his verbal accolades.

"Do you have 3 legs or is that your dick?"
I don't really get compliments? At best I stay away from them, they are too awkward.
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
... it's like dating a purebred stallion.

Many many years ago for that one.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(September 30, 2011 at 11:45 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I've heard all sorts of compliments for my physical appearance, but I am never really impressed with those. My favorite compliments are based upon my inner qualities.

I agree. It's of course nice to get the occasional: "You look pretty/beatiful", but my favorite compliment ever was from my smartest friend, who said that I would pass Mensa's test. That really stroked my ego! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura