Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Jobs - February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011
Steve Jobs - February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011
Steve Jobs passed away today from terminal pancreatic cancer according to sources at Apple. He was 56. Regardless of your personal feelings toward Apple or Jobs himself, he was a great visionary in a time when America really needs them.

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Steve Jobs - February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011
Well, I guess the HumancentiPad episode of south park won't be as funny to some people now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KThDnFOj0Hk
Cunt
No one must have know how close to death he really was. There was much speculation about whether or not he would show up to the new iPhone release. Sad.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. – Steve Jobs, 2005
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I must be one hell of an apathetic asshole... because the only thing I think of when I find out Steve Jobs has died... is who's name do I curse now when an apple product fucks with me (especially auto-correct)?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(October 6, 2011 at 6:29 am)Vaeolet Lilly Blossom Wrote: I must be one hell of an apathetic asshole... because the only thing I think of when I find out Steve Jobs has died... is who's name do I curse now when an apple product fucks with me (especially auto-correct)?

Tim Cook
Cunt
He had a good life and I love my ipod touch but that's mainly 'cause of the soptify app but I don't think I'lll ever forgive him or apple for branding my videos with that damn Qucktime codec that makes them unplayable on Microsfot software though.
(October 6, 2011 at 6:37 am)Bloomsy Wrote: ...but I don't think I'lll ever forgive him or apple for branding my videos with that damn Qucktime codec that makes them unplayable on Microsfot software though.

Quicktime works fine on my Windows 7 PC.

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Westboro Baptist is planning on picketing Job's funeral.

[Image: 356-1.png]

The irony is that was sent via an iPhone.

Regardless, Fred Phelps is a con man.
[Image: 317476_10150852350255285_897085284_20771...9174_n.jpg]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dennis Ritchie [September 9, 1941 – October 12, 2011] Autumnlicious 5 3729 November 1, 2011 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: affirmedatheist