Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are atheists religious?
Are atheists religious?
All atheists are religious. This is because they, like the Church, believe in ANIMISM. Animism underpins all religions, atheism, science, and virtually ALL philosophical doctrines.

Animists believe that objects really DO have the properties we say they have. They really DO believe that objects have some mysterious boundary drawn around them that distinguishes them from everything else.

They really DO believe that light of 650nm IS red, that a TV really IS a TV, that a fish's eye really IS a form, that there really IS a sound in the forest, that the brain really DOES have functions... All very primitive..

You want proof? Here's proof: What material, rational, property distinguishes a TV from the carpet it stands on? I can tell you, because I'm not a religious atheist animist - NONE.

That's why I'm smiling, while others complain.

RE: Are atheists religious?
Others complain because you are a retarded trollcunt...
Cunt
(October 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm)John Jones Wrote: All atheists are religious. This is because they, like the Church, believe in ANIMISM. Animism underpins all religions, atheism, science, and virtually ALL philosophical doctrines.

Animists believe that objects really DO have the properties we say they have. They really DO believe that objects have some mysterious boundary drawn around them that distinguishes them from everything else.

They really DO believe that light of 650nm IS red, that a TV really IS a TV, that a fish's eye really IS a form, that there really IS a sound in the forest, that the brain really DOES have functions... All very primitive..

You want proof? Here's proof: What material, rational, property distinguishes a TV from the carpet it stands on? I can tell you, because I'm not a religious atheist animist - NONE.

I was unaware I believed in animism? And here I thought I was a materialist. thanks John jones for setting me straight.
(October 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm)John Jones Wrote: All atheists are religious. This is because they, like the Church, believe in ANIMISM. Animism underpins all religions, atheism, science, and virtually ALL philosophical doctrines.

Wrong.

Animists believe in souls. I'd bet that at least 90% of the atheists here do not.

Try again.

P.S. Go fuck yourself, troll.

(October 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm)John Jones Wrote: You want proof? Here's proof: What material, rational, property distinguishes a TV from the carpet it stands on? I can tell you, because I'm not a religious atheist animist - NONE.

Well, right off the bat I would say the valence Electron helps decide that boundary. But, then again, I have actually studied what I talk about.
I have no belief in the existence of a god or gods.

What does any of the crap you posted have to do with my non-belief in the existence of a god or gods?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Troll Factor rising. You're pushing it Mr. Jones.

Do you not wish to be here? I can assure you, we will never give you or your silly threads a second thought once you are gone.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I realise this guy's probably not going to be around for much longer - mod willing - however everyone else has had a poke at him.

I can state quite definitely that I am not an animist. While I may 'believe' that a tree is a tree and not a chicken, it's not because of any spiritual quality of the tree that I do so. A tree is a tree because of its genetic heritage. That's the "mysterious boundary" distinguishing it from everything else.

It's undoubtedly possible that on the quantum level all matter really is indistinguishable from all else. I and the rest of my species don't operate at that level, having evolved in a world dominated by disparate material constructs. Trees continually refuse to lay eggs, chickens rarely shed their leaves, planets orbit their parent stars, etc; all obeying natural, physical laws and all without giving a shit what I believe. If you can't tell where a carpet ends and a television begins, you have more serious problems than merely a trollish attitude to discussion.

I really don't care if the colour which I recognise as red is the same as that which you recognise as red, but when you start driving through what the rest of society considers to be red traffic lights, then you're the one out of step. Good luck explaining that one in court.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm)John Jones Wrote: All atheists are religious.
Nope.

Quote:This is because they, like the Church, believe in ANIMISM
Nope.

Quote:That's why I'm smiling, while others complain.
Settle down, buttmunch. You barely qualify as a troll. Big Grin
(October 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm)John Jones Wrote: You want proof? Here's proof: What material, rational, property distinguishes a TV from the carpet it stands on? I can tell you, because I'm not a religious atheist animist - NONE.

Whats so ironically funny about this is that, just like all the religious asshats, he's claiming that HIS view is the correct one and everyone else is of course ... wrong.

it's laughable.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2869 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2201 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14354 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheists & non religious conspiracies. OP/ED Brian37 13 2661 June 4, 2015 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Religious bumper stickers and other annoying religious actions. (rant, sorta) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 53 12772 May 25, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Atheists: have you ever had a religious experience and what did you make of it? tantric 110 18120 January 22, 2015 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Atheists living in very religious places, do you have moments of doubt? Alex K 16 3717 October 31, 2014 at 10:53 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists/Non-Religious What was your Craziest Belief while in your Religion? Eel_LahjicK 27 8731 August 17, 2014 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religious "moderates" and atheists Mudhammam 67 13461 May 29, 2014 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Can Atheists and Religious people be one? Phatt Matt s 14 3839 March 28, 2014 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist