Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 2:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organic chemistry
Organic chemistry
What do you know about organic chemistry?
What do you want to know?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
RE: Organic chemistry
Very little.
Everything.
That will never hold up in court...
Why?
Why?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I know my dad has a Ph.D. in organic chemistry.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 27, 2011 at 10:19 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I know my dad has a Ph.D. in organic chemistry.

Wow. Do you want to be a chemist?
For starters, Organic chemistry is chemistry that involves primarily the atoms C, H and O.
More of the first ones though.
The most basic organic molecule is methane. It's formula is CH4.
How is the general chemistry levels of the members of the forum?
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Got to the Krebs Cycle and then was not allowed to go any further ..meh

Biochemistry / Organic Chemistry

Why do you ask??

Glad all is well with you and yours. Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 28, 2011 at 4:07 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Got to the Krebs Cycle and then was not allowed to go any further ..meh

Why do you ask??

I thought that this section could use more chemistry.
(October 28, 2011 at 4:18 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(October 28, 2011 at 4:07 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Got to the Krebs Cycle and then was not allowed to go any further ..meh

Why do you ask??

Not much is happening in Chemistry atm globally. It's more in the vein of new applications of chemistry... "Not as glamorous as physics" I guess
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 28, 2011 at 4:20 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(October 28, 2011 at 4:18 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:

Why do you ask??

Not much is happening in Chemistry atm globally. It's more in the vein of new applications of chemistry... "Not as glamorous as physics" I guess

Well, true. But I think that some aspects of chemistry are still not as advanced as, for say, thermodynamical aspects of it.

I am going to work in the second line..applications of chemistry.
So what do you think of dihydrogen monoxide?

And it's lethal effects on people.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Organic Molecules Found 400 Light Years From Earth Minimalist 364 56486 August 21, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  General Chemistry Resources? festive1 4 901 June 25, 2013 at 6:37 am
Last Post: festive1