Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is our Sun a star?
Star 
Is our Sun a star?
(Hope this hasn't come up before; I did do a search before posting.)

Using the highly advanced scientific technique of picking out bible quotes, one David Lowe proves that all the world's scientists are completely wrong: our Sun cannot be a star.

The Sun is Not a Star

Quote:How many of you have heard this before: "Our Sun is just another star. In fact, it is an average star - one of 100 billion - in the Milky Way galaxy". What if it isn't just another star? What if what we know about the Sun does NOT apply to all the stars we see in the night sky? Would it throw the big bang theory into irreconcilable doubt? I believe it would.

The goal of this paper is to prove, using only the Bible, that the Sun is NOT a star.

It sort of goes downhill from there.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Is our Sun a star?
Is our sun a star? Hmmm, let me think about that for 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001th of a second.

Ah..

[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
[Image: demotivational-posters-seems-legit1.jpg]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:It sort of goes downhill from there.

It would have to, wouldn't it?
Huh didn't know geocities still hosting websites. What about angelfire?
Does this really mean science is wrong, or is it proof the bible is bullshit?

You be the judge...
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
That was the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Is our Sun a star?
Any research based soley on the bible is a fail.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Amen to that. I think that guy actually managed to create a black hole of stupidity, an infinitely dense singularity of moronitude that just drains away the IQ of anyone reading it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

No. The sun is a massive nuclear weapon.

This reminds me of a creation-science (!) site that claimed that atoms could not be fused into new elements, as God created all atoms perfectly to be what they are, and "matter could not be created nor destroyed" (by man anyway). The answer is to point them at the sun (perhaps with no filter for their eyes) and explain the method of hydrogen fusion.

Or thermonuclear weapons.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet another Miracle of the Sun. Jehanne 13 1421 October 25, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Sun miracle snerie 39 6411 February 15, 2017 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: Jehanne