Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 3:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NaNoWriMo
NaNoWriMo
I figured I would let you all know that I am participating in NaNoWriMo for the first time this year. For those of you who are not familiar with the challenge -- I have to write a 50,000 word novel by the first of December. Given that I already write several hundred to several thousand words a day, this is going to be quite a challenge. I am starting on the outline, etc. tonight and will probably start writing tomorrow. In short, don't expect to see me much, but feel free to come in here and light a fire under my ass anytime you want. I may participate in some write-ins, so I really will not be available most of the time.

I just wanted to let you know. If anyone has anything important to discuss, send me a PM and I will try to get to you ASAP.

Have a good November, guys.
RE: NaNoWriMo
Christopher Hitchens does 1000 printable words a day. I am confident you own the Hitch.

Best of luck.
Novel? What kind of a novel?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
The kind that takes me a month to write. Wink

Actually, I am writing the outline and whatnot right now. I'm not sure what kind of novel it will be, but it is looking like I am leaning toward horror.
I wish I could try it. Unfortunately, I've tried several novels and failed. Plus, now, I'm currently writing at least ten pages every week for my college classes.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
As long as we get to make a big deal about it. That's what NaNoWriMo is all about. Shitty short novels, full steam ahead!

(it's absolutely doable, anybody who's ever even daydreamt about writing a book should give it a shot)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Water for Elephants was written during NaNoWriMo. If writers can write, they will write good books during November. Rev, writing books is fucking hard. You'll get it at some point. Just getting it written is like ripping an eyeball out.
Hororr eh, competing titles. I was thinking about this day months ago. Because I'm a cheater.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Horror eh, competing titles? Is that English? Wink
Depends on where yall are from.