Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The day after Halloween scary movie list...
The day after Halloween scary movie list...
I thought it might be fun to all give our top ten scary movie lists, mine are not necessarily the ones I found the scariest but rather the ones I found to be the best overall films, here they are.

1. Alien (1979)
2. The Exorcist (1972)
3. Rosemary’s Baby (1968)
4. Silence of the Lambs (1991)
5. Jaws (1975)
6. The Thing (1982)
7. Black Christmas (1974)
8. The Thing From Another World (1951)
9. Wolf Creek (2005)
10. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
RE: The day after Halloween scary movie list...
All classics. For once, you've actually created something worthwhile.

I've decided to write two lists, one of which is my favourite horror films, and another for the films I truly think are the most horrifying

Favourite (In No particular order)
1) Bad Seed (Except for the last few minutes)
2) Wicker Man (Original for the thrills, remake for the laughs)
3) Evil Dead trilogy (They are, after all, just one long film)
4) Dead Ringers (I hope one day to remake this movie with the Olsen Twins in Jeremy Irons' roles)
5) Se7en (I'm not sure if I'd call this a horror movie, but then again, I put all of the Evil Dead movies, and AoD, as awesome as it is, barely counts as horror)
6) Shaun of the Dead (I'm looking forward to Edgar Wright's next movie)
7) Black Swan (body horror, lesbians, an insane structure, what more could anyone want?)
8) Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (So much of what horror film stands for comes from this movie)
9) Ken Branagh's Frankenstein (on the one hand, the performances are over-the-top hilarious, on the other hand, the movie's closer to the original book than any other movie)
10) Blood For Dracula/Flesh for Frankenstein (Because to know death, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder. One of my own personal mantras.)

Scariest:
1) A Serbian Film
2) The Human Centipede (Full Sequence)
3) The Fly (Cronenberg Version)
4) Requiem for a Dream
5) Eraserhead
6) Threads
7) Funny Games
8) Human Centipede (First Sequence)
9) Passion of the Christ
10) Yentl
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 1, 2011 at 9:43 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:

Great lists as well, I will have to check out Bad Seeds. I have not seen that one. I didn’t do a list of the scariest because it’s tough for me to define what scary is. A lot of people think it is a movie that makes you jump, but that isn’t really what I consider scary. I would probably define it as a movie that makes you uneasy about coming home to a dark and empty house. How would you define it?

I think The Exorcist has to be the all-time scariest movie, even though I don't believe in the devil or demonic possession. I have the director's cut DVD and it includes some deleted footage, much of it with subliminal shots. It's well worth a good scare by watching with the lights off.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 2, 2011 at 5:30 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I think The Exorcist has to be the all-time scariest movie, even though I don't believe in the devil or demonic possession. I have the director's cut DVD and it includes some deleted footage, much of it with subliminal shots. It's well worth a good scare by watching with the lights off.

We agree on something. It's one of the few movies that can give me the jitters.

I laughed all the way through The Exorcist... It was rather silly.
Cunt
(November 2, 2011 at 5:35 pm)frankiej Wrote: I laughed all the way through The Exorcist... It was rather silly.

Why? I thought it was pretty serious and well made.

Oh and the part where she did the spider walk down the stairs was freaky. That's a scene that was deleted from the theatrical release, but available on the director's cut DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-4f_NMUxcY
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 2, 2011 at 5:41 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote:

Haha, love it; does the Director's Cut DVD have “the making of” documentary on it? I have the Blu-ray director's cut and it has a pretty interesting documentary on it.
(November 2, 2011 at 4:46 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Great lists as well, I will have to check out Bad Seeds. I have not seen that one. I didn’t do a list of the scariest because it’s tough for me to define what scary is. A lot of people think it is a movie that makes you jump, but that isn’t really what I consider scary. I would probably define it as a movie that makes you uneasy about coming home to a dark and empty house. How would you define it?

Personally, I would define it as movies that leave a lasting impression not unlike trauma. Films that can easily be said to be traumatizing; if you read what's in movies like A Serbian Film, and the second Human Centipede movie, you can't deny that merely watching it could very well be traumatizing to even adults.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie Trailer heads up thread. Gawdzilla Sama 446 33717 April 26, 2024 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Ironic movie pairing. Gawdzilla Sama 1 536 November 10, 2023 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Favorite horror movie MR. Macabre 666 13 1074 June 14, 2023 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Your Favorite Religious Movie ? The Architect Of Fate 25 2484 November 24, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Uberpod
  Movie scenes that made you crap your pants. Brian37 33 2662 November 5, 2021 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Abba return to UK top 10 after 40 years... Duty 10 1219 September 11, 2021 at 6:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Movie plot holes "Diehard 2"........... Brian37 10 1338 July 15, 2021 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The jarjar binks of a movie tackattack 19 1276 November 4, 2020 at 11:14 am
Last Post: brewer
  The original Carrie horror movie. Brian37 30 1948 April 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Your quarantine binge list? Gawdzilla Sama 33 2228 April 5, 2020 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie