Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern Humans in Britain 40,000+ years ago
Modern Humans in Britain 40,000+ years ago
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/n...NTCMP=SRCH

Quote:The fresh analysis at Oxford University dated the bone and three teeth to a period between 44,200 and 41,500 years ago, when a temporary warm spell lasting perhaps only a thousand years, made Britain habitable.

The age of the remains puts modern humans at the edge of the habitable world at the time and increases the period over which they shared the land with Neanderthals, our close relatives who evolved in Europe and Asia.

Modern humans are known to have interbred with Neanderthals, leaving their mark in the genomes of many people alive today, and are implicated in their demise 30,000 years ago, perhaps by outcompeting them for food and other crucial resources.
RE: Modern Humans in Britain 40,000+ years ago
but...but...but...da urth isn't dat old doh.
Cunt
Min! The world is only 6,000 years old!!!

Get a clue and stop letting Satan lead you astray with all these scientific theories and strategically planted falsities.

Tongue

I know... He is crazy...
Cunt
'Modern humans are known to have interbred with Neanderthals, leaving their mark in the genomes of many people alive today'

Creationists?
Quote:Modern humans are known to have interbred with Neanderthals, leaving their mark in the genomes of many people alive today,

I found it odd that this comment - which contradicts the prevailing Out of Africa theory that was almost undisputed a few years ago - was so readily included in the story.

BTW, Neanderthals were skilled hunters who survived in a dangerous and highly unforgiving environment and experienced ice age expansions and contractions with a degree of ingenuity and toughness which is hard for us techno humans to imagine.

Creationist shitheads would have frozen to death praying for their stupid fucking god to stop the glacier.
Amazing to think how we haven't changed since then. Our knowledge has only grown. We're still the same creatures; quite spectacular.

Tough bastards, better suited to the environment for a time at least.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_anatomy
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 3, 2011 at 3:57 pm)JollyForr Wrote: Amazing to think how we haven't changed since then. Our knowledge has only grown. We're still the same creatures; quite spectacular.

Yes. An argument could be made that human culture has interfered with evolution by natural selection in our case. Such cultural awareness goes back to Homo Erectus where we have found skeletons of individuals who were badly injured but survived because other members of the group cared for him.

A lion injured in a hunt lives or dies on its own.
We certainly are a bunch of smart fuckers.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sea level rise in 3 to 5 years. Goosebump 9 1073 January 2, 2022 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  NASA is launching humans again Fake Messiah 34 2882 May 27, 2020 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Google Waymo launched Ai self driving car service 2 days ago. blue grey brain 0 261 December 8, 2018 at 2:48 am
Last Post: blue grey brain
  How humans are still evolving I_am_not_mafia 26 3089 June 9, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Fireball
  400,000 Year Old Cranium Found in Portugal Minimalist 29 4694 March 29, 2017 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Penguins the Size of Humans (Fossils found) The Valkyrie 22 3725 February 23, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Humans in Florida in 14,500 BC Minimalist 10 2010 May 14, 2016 at 9:51 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Will modern society slow the progress of change? Heat 11 2921 May 10, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Lasers Detect Roman Roads in Britain Minimalist 4 1481 March 19, 2016 at 2:01 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Humans - Are we really unique? Napoléon 24 7220 July 14, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Longhorn