Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bore da!
Heart 
Bore da!
Hello!
Let's get started! I am a Christian, brought here by a beautiful temptress to be slaughtered by all you lions out there. Hopefully I'll go down fighting (or at least, not arguing from a blind-faith perspective).

I was brought up a Roman Catholic but can't say I agree with all of the papal edicts. I believe the Bible to be a collection of stories, some true, some myths and some in between, that provide an allegorical guide to life. Some parts are wildly out of historical context now and others are still relevant. The Bible should be held as a "Lonely Planet Guide To... Life" where you have to read and interpret it alongside your life experience and your feeling of what is right and wrong. There are many contradictions in the Bible which I think serves as proof that there were different passages written for different times; also showing why it cannot be regarded as a literal, word for word historical and factual record.

I accept all scientific enquiry and the theories currently perceived as right by the scientific community. I do not believe that there is any conflict between the notion of a God and the aims of science. To paraphrase Stephen Hawking, when we achieve a unified theory that explains everything, we will effectively understand the mind of God. How easy will that be? Well, not easy! Theoretically, if we could predict the interaction of every particle in the human brain, with enough processing power and the right kind of scanners, we could predict a persons response to almost any situation. We are nowhere near that level of understanding yet. That does not mean we should not try, as the journey will be along roads flanked by trees baring the fruits of discovery. Endeavour is one of the things humans do best.

I would also like to head of any arguments about prayer. I find the conventional notion of prayer ridiculous. If God is everywhere, why do you need to kneel down, close your eyes, put your hands together and ask for things? For me, prayer is just a conversation with God. Some might say that talking to a voice in my head is evidence of schizophrenia. Others may say I am just personalizing my conscience. Either way, for me, my chats with God are not at fixed times or in fixed locations and help me rationalize situations I experience.

I have gone on long enough. I throw myself upon your mercy.

Oh, I also have a silver, spandex catsuit. is that relevant?
Love 'n' hugz,

Lord Chad
4th Earl of Catsuit

There is nothing more dangerous than a man who knows he is right.
RE: Bore da!
Hi chadster... Welcome to the forums

I think I know why She likes you...enjoy your stay here mate

from the "Land Down Under"
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Cat suit???

Pics or it hasn't happenedBig Grin

And hello from the magical land of Oz, where EVERYTHING is trying to kill you.Big Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Hello. I am a fallen Roman Catholic.

Devil

I find the bible to be wholly abhorrent.

Angel Cloud

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome

There is little mercy for total BS here, so thread lightly Big Grin
Slaughtered? lol, they'd have to catch you first!

Wink

Glad you're here, darling.

And yes, the catsuit is relevant.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I'm not sure the Bible is wholly abhorrent. How people choose to interpret it might be.

The fairy story of Red Riding Hood could be interpreted to mean we must slaughter wolves with axes, we must insult old-people's gnarled features or we should hand over law and order to lumberjacks. All ridiculous and possibly abhorrent but the story itself is not.

My Bible has pretty pictures too.
Love 'n' hugz,

Lord Chad
4th Earl of Catsuit

That is exactly how I view Little Red Ridinghood.

Welcome, from a very dreichit Scotland.
Cunt
Actually, law and order via lumberjacks isn't THAT silly. Look at Canadia...

[smirk]
Love 'n' hugz,

Lord Chad
4th Earl of Catsuit

I see Canada in a far better way than the US. Lumberjacks ftw.
Cunt