Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LEGO Bible pulled from Sam's Clubs stores
LEGO Bible pulled from Sam's Clubs stores
Brendan Smith's print version of the Brick Testament has been pulled from the shelves of Sam's Club stores nationwide due to complaints about it's graphic nature.

Brick' breaker: Lego bible too racy for Sam's Club

I think we should continue this trend & complain enough to get the regular Bible pulled as well. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: LEGO Bible pulled from Sam's Clubs stores
(November 27, 2011 at 1:06 pm)Jaysyn Wrote: Brendan Smith's print version of the Brick Testament has been pulled from the shelves of Sam's Club stores nationwide due to complaints about it's graphic nature.

Brick' breaker: Lego bible too racy for Sam's Club

I think we should continue this trend & complain enough to get the regular Bible pulled as well. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

No! No! No! I want them to make a violent video game from the Bible. Lots of slicing and dicing there. If this catches on they can move on to the saints, crusades, the reformation etc. Don't destroy good material!
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

It would be cool to do one, like sonic the hedgehog, only you use the jawbone of an ass and instead of collecting golden rings you collect forskins. There would be a powerup that let's you walk on water and everytime you bow down lighting would strike the unwashed heathens.
There was a game for nintendo a long ways back that actually was based on 4 (iirc) of the biblical narratives. You got to play noah, david, etc. I'll see if I can google it. I remember playing the shit out of it at a buddies house. By buddy I mean someone who actually owned a nintendo.

There we are. Bible Adeventures. #19 in seanbaby.com's list of the worst nintendo games ever. It was 3 narratives, not 4, apparently.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Adventures
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yikes, yes, I've played that POS. SOOO bad! Here is a review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNvQYiM6bw
Hahaha, well excuse me for being absolutely enthralled by the fact that a TV could be used for something other than watching Julia Childs on one of the three channels that came in on my households antenna. Amusingly this friendship began when a recent immigrant from Japan picked me out at random in the schoolyard to "You know english? You teach my son!". I never learned a word of japanese and he never spoke a word of english in the year or so I knew him, but we fucking annihilated Mario Bros together. Those lippy fucking ducks got it even worse.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Wasn't there a Christian video game about the rapture or something where you could go around shooting atheists? IIRC, you lost points for shooting them rather than preaching to and converting them, but if you lost points you could just pray for forgiveness and get the points back.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
They needed a game for that? Thought that was how they claimed it worked in reality.
I remember reading about it just a few years ago, but can't remember what it was called.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I'm sad to hear The Brick Testament is having trouble, it's my preferred translation.
[Image: YgZ8E.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44143 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7451 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Keeping Portland weird: Evangelizing in strip clubs Jackalope 25 3533 September 26, 2014 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: C4RM5