Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone
Smile 
Hello everyone
My name is Lori and I'm 29 years old from Washington State. I was raised Christian but about eight years ago I just began to feel burned out, even skeptical about it, didn't really give up believing, but just couldn't be bothered with it.

Then as the years have gone by and especially up until about a few months ago I've just really begun to see for the first time with open unbiased eyes how hypocritical and how much hatred is caused by and preached by Christians (not all of course but more than not) and how even more backwards and messed up things that are in the bible itself. So since then I've decided I'm 100% done being associated with it and that's a very liberating feeling to be honest.

I'm also hoping by joining here that people might suggest some great books on Christianity (especially the Vatican) that shows it's true colors, the history of how many crimes against humanity have been inflicted on in Christianity's name etc. etc. I've searched but haven't found anything that's really yelling at me.

Nice to meet everyone and I'm happy to be here Smile
~*~Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does ~*~

~*~Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones - Marcus Aurelius~*~
RE: Hello everyone
Welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome atheist lady.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Welcome fellow thinker. Religion is a load of bullshit and we all know it! Tongue

Greetings from jolly old England.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Hello, hello Smile
Ahh Jolly Old England, love the place. I was in Wales (with a few stops in England) back in August and had a beyond fantastic time, hope to go back next summer.

~*~Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones - Marcus Aurelius~*~
Welcome, another north westerner. Alaska here.

Read about the crusades and the catholic churches treatment of intellectualism, like Galileo Galilei.
Oo Alaska, gorgeous! Can you send some snow down our way? lol
Crusades would definitely be a fascinating read, as would the Salem Witch Trials, Mary Tudor, the list literally endless.

Welcome to the forums, LarissaAnn! What a cute avatar! You are so smiley! Smile

(December 2, 2011 at 5:36 pm)Heather Wrote: Welcome to the forums, LarissaAnn! What a cute avatar! You are so smiley! Smile

Awww, thanks Heather Smile

I'm in Arizona. Keep your friggin' snow, Pooper.

Hello, L/A.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1348 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2113 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5557 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1818 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7733 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2585 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3773 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1217 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2330 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm