Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I get weird when I don't have sleep
I get weird when I don't have sleep
This morning, I had my hands full, one of my arms was full of books, the other held a poster.

I came upon a closed door that I wanted to open and began to curse.

"God!

God!

God!

Zeus!

Nonexistent God!

Non existent God!

Nonexistent God!"

By then I had gotten the door open. Yay for no sleep.
RE: I get weird when I don't have sleep
The reality we experience is nothing but a seretonin hallucination. Going without sleep rids you of that hallucination and you will see the liquid space elves that are really dodging through the quantum flux to right the wrongs of infinitessimal gargantuan series.
Tall zyrphes help to quell the inequities of said gobblefrunk.
Alt zorp the crazzly simpastic drigle that stormps rilly with snergin ploes.

snoogins
Is that why I get extremely anxious when I haven't had enough sleep? Note: I barely ever get enough sleep, as I simply cannot. Does that mean I see real reality all the time?
When I don't get enough sleep I take a nap.

Retirement is wonderful.

Big Grin
(December 7, 2011 at 7:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: When I don't get enough sleep I take a nap.

Retirement is wonderful.

Big Grin

I hate you lol
(December 7, 2011 at 7:33 pm)Shell B Wrote: Is that why I get extremely anxious when I haven't had enough sleep? Note: I barely ever get enough sleep, as I simply cannot. Does that mean I see real reality all the time?

Either that or acetylcholine and adrenaline taint your hallucination. Tongue Drink six ounces of robotussin and THEN you will see true reality as you become an ember of conciousness bouncing around your own body. That is the true essence that leaves when we die. It weighs 21 grams according to MacDougall's experiments.
(December 7, 2011 at 8:58 pm)SophiaGrace Wrote:
(December 7, 2011 at 7:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: When I don't get enough sleep I take a nap.

Retirement is wonderful.

Big Grin

I hate you lol

[Image: Mickey-In-Hammock.jpg]

Retirement is wonderful.

Big Grin

Snap.----and then I get to stay up to 4 am. (and it matters not a jot or a tittle)*

*still get woken every day at around 8 by the Red Cross;they ring to make sure I'm still alive. Really,it's a free service for people living alone. It's reassuring to know if I cark it overnight that my dogs will be OK.
1 tablet doxylamine and 1mg of melatonin 30 minutes out and away you go.
Trying to update my sig ...
If you are continually deprived of sleep and/or dreams, you will start to dream when awake. You will in fact have 'visions' (I hate to mention it but there was a Star Trek episode with a similar story line.)

Similarly, if deprived of sleep, when you eventually sleep it is apparently quite common to have 'religious experience' dreams. I had this once having broken my arm but I was unable to get to a hospital. Having been awake and in considerable pain for 48 hours, when they eventually put me under the anaesthetic I immediately had a very vivid dream of meeting god.

When I woke up, I thought what an interesting phenomena it was. It is easy to see some people believing that their dream was a 'revelation'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it Nihilist Virus 330 31055 March 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Sleep Paralysis... Autolite 23 1936 January 24, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Autolite
  I just don't get it ScepticOrganism 84 8807 March 17, 2016 at 6:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Deism: I don't get it robvalue 114 13281 February 16, 2015 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: emilynghiem
  Thank you all. I have lost so much. I have gained much more. Mr. Moncrieff 30 7106 March 6, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Gingers don't have souls! (or anyone else for that matter) Sejanus 4 1845 November 22, 2013 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Sejanus