Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Time is a Charm, Newt
4th Time is a Charm, Newt
"Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich this week signed a pledge to uphold conservative values from the Iowa-based group The Family Leader and vowed to restrict federal dollars from paying for abortion overseas, uphold the Defense of Marriage Act and stay true to his wife, Callista. "

Gingrich, whose first two marriages ended because he was having an affair a woman who would later become his wife, addressed his history of infidelity at the ABC News/Yahoo! Republican debate on Saturday, where he said that he has sought forgiveness for his mistakes.

"In my case, I said up front openly, I've made mistakes at times," Gingrich said. "I've had to go to God for forgiveness. I've had to seek reconciliation.""

Keep praying, Newt. That god of yours will help you not cheat this time... I'm sure of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/newt-...24872.html
RE: 4th Time is a Charm, Newt
(December 13, 2011 at 9:18 am)Heather Wrote: "Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich this week signed a pledge to uphold conservative values from the Iowa-based group The Family Leader and vowed to restrict federal dollars from paying for abortion overseas, uphold the Defense of Marriage Act and stay true to his wife, Callista. "

Gingrich, whose first two marriages ended because he was having an affair a woman who would later become his wife, addressed his history of infidelity at the ABC News/Yahoo! Republican debate on Saturday, where he said that he has sought forgiveness for his mistakes.

"In my case, I said up front openly, I've made mistakes at times," Gingrich said. "I've had to go to God for forgiveness. I've had to seek reconciliation.""

Keep praying, Newt. That god of yours will help you not cheat this time... I'm sure of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/newt-...24872.html

Once a scumbag, always a scumbag.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Isn't the Family that same awful organization that is fucking Uganda and others in the ear?

Wasn't the Death-if-you're-gay laws promoted by them?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Quote:Gingrich said. "I've had to go to God for forgiveness. I've had to seek reconciliation.""

Have you ever noticed, Heather, that these fuckers are always quick to explain away unanswered "prayers" as sometimes "god says no." But when they ask for "forgiveness" for some abomination they've committed that same god never tells them to go fuck themselves?

How very convenient to have a god who always pats you on the head and says "that's okay, sleazeball....I forgive you."

As Robert G. Ingersoll noted: If I owe Smith ten dollars and God forgives me, that doesn't pay Smith.
(December 13, 2011 at 4:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Gingrich said. "I've had to go to God for forgiveness. I've had to seek reconciliation.""

Have you ever noticed, Heather, that these fuckers are always quick to explain away unanswered "prayers" as sometimes "god says no." But when they ask for "forgiveness" for some abomination they've committed that same god never tells them to go fuck themselves?

How very convenient to have a god who always pats you on the head and says "that's okay, sleazeball....I forgive you."

As Robert G. Ingersoll noted: If I owe Smith ten dollars and God forgives me, that doesn't pay Smith.

Yep, exactly. I would love one of them to say, "I asked god to forgive me for my horrible action he said 'fuck no' so I decided to do it again as why not.... "

So, their reasoning is... 100% of the time if you ask, god forgives your sins.... but, he only answers your prayers when he wants? Again, what a fucked up god they believe in. I will never understand it. Oh, wait, I don't HAVE to understand it.. i'm Atheist! Smile Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1285 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Paris Climate Accords go into effect November 4th! Jehanne 11 1574 October 16, 2016 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Time To Stop Wasting Everyone's Time, Bernie Minimalist 253 27762 May 29, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  NH - Tea Party idiots kill 4th graders harmless bill KevinM1 46 7834 April 18, 2015 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  4th of July Post DeistPaladin 2 842 July 6, 2013 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Smidgen
  Newt Gingrinch....Republicunts Unable To Compete Minimalist 0 928 December 9, 2012 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Newt Cinjin 53 9450 January 3, 2012 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Seriously, Newt? Seriously? DeistPaladin 5 1823 November 17, 2011 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin