Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th of July Post
4th of July Post
Today is the 4th of July when we in America, celebrating the date when we went through our adolescent rebellion and moved out of mother England's house. We celebrate by doing what we most love to do, blowing things up.

Eleven years afterwards, like any rebellious teen, we copied everything our parents did and all but became them. We made a few changes, like electing our supreme executive every four years instead of using hereditary succession and spinning the judicial part of government into its own third branch. One change of greatest interest to free thinkers is rejecting a state religion.

In my video, made on one July 4th, I celebrate the continuing struggle of The American Revolution. I assert that it is not simply a war for independence from our parent nation but an continuing quest for a more just, equitable and free society. Abolition, Suffrage and the Civil Rights movement were all battles in this ongoing war.

In this video, I also assert that the struggle against Christian dominance is the last great battle of The American Revolution. As a religion, it is wholly antithetical to the kind of free and just society we hope to create. It was a religion created to serve the interests of kings, slave owners and other tyrants.

Long live the Revolution! Down with King Jesus!

The music is also my own, my second symphony composed for my wedding.

Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: 4th of July Post
Quote: One change of greatest interest to free thinkers is rejecting a state religion.

Always good to keep reminding the jesus freaks of that fact.

Quote:"There is not one redeeming feature in our superstition of Christianity. It has made one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites" -Thomas Jefferson
RE: 4th of July Post
Very nice video.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1285 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Paris Climate Accords go into effect November 4th! Jehanne 11 1574 October 16, 2016 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  NH - Tea Party idiots kill 4th graders harmless bill KevinM1 46 7835 April 18, 2015 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Demise of America July 2014 Cinjin 32 5327 March 9, 2014 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Chas
  4th Time is a Charm, Newt Heather 4 1417 December 14, 2011 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Heather