Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris Climate Accords go into effect November 4th!
Paris Climate Accords go into effect November 4th!
More here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement

Is this Trump's secret last-minute (or week) weapon?  Will he drop the "big one" on this issue, and will it deprive Hillary of being the first woman US President?

Your thoughts?
RE: Paris Climate Accords go into effect November 4th!
Damn hippies!
Too little, too late. We've had decades to shrink the imposing steel buttplug that is climate change, this is little more than a hasty bit of spit on the perimeter.

I have no idea where that metaphor came from, and frankly I hope I don't tap into that part of me for a good long while.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(October 14, 2016 at 8:46 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Too little, too late. We've had decades to shrink the imposing steel buttplug that is climate change, this is little more than a hasty bit of spit on the perimeter.

I have no idea where that metaphor came from, and frankly I hope I don't tap into that part of me for a good long while.

I agree; it may be the difference between "baked" and "fried" at this point.  Question is, "Will Trump appeal to the football-watching, beer-drinking, coal-loving working man, and their wives?"
(October 14, 2016 at 8:22 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Damn hippies!

The Green Party has been stuck at 2% since the days of Ralph Nader.  What would the World be like if Al Gore had become President?!  (Answer:  probably no Obama.)
I don't understand what you mean by this possibly being Trump's secret last minute weapon? He is a climate change denier. People who also have their head in the sand are already voting for him. I don't see how this issue would sway more votes to his side.

On a side note, did anyone see how badly damaged the great Barrier Reef has become? The analysis analogy seems pretty apt, honestly. What kind of world will our children Inherit?
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
All the shitheads who think climate change is a hoax are already voting for Benito Drumpfuckolini.  There is no ground to be gained.
(October 14, 2016 at 9:42 pm)Aroura Wrote: I don't understand what you mean by this possibly being Trump's secret last minute weapon? He is a climate change denier. People who also have their head in the sand are already voting for him. I don't see how this issue would sway more votes to his side.

On a side note, did anyone see how badly damaged the great Barrier Reef has become? The analysis analogy seems pretty apt, honestly. What kind of world will our children Inherit?

The reason why I have been pitching this as a possibility is that Senator Joni Ernst was able to flip a seat vacated by Tom Harkin because the Democrats here in Iowa portrayed her over and over as a climate-change denier, which, of course, she is.  What other hope does Trump have other than to paint Clinton and the Democrats as being the party of "Green Hell"?
Florida and North Carolina are swing-states.  Doubt that climate change denial will play too well there given their last couple of weeks.
(October 14, 2016 at 8:22 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Damn hippies!

we hit 400 ppm with our atmosphere we have to do something now instead of hey let the future generations handle it..
because one day were going to say were going to let the future generation take care of it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post November onlinebiker 21 1222 July 22, 2022 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1386 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 535 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 731 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1217 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2474 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2438 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  NFL owners admit Trump pressured them into banning player protests Foxaèr 27 2710 May 24, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space Coveny 16 1483 February 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The WLB Effect Is Starting To Take Hold Minimalist 0 583 July 6, 2017 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist