Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 4:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are the evidence for no god?
RE: What are the evidence for no god?
(October 17, 2015 at 11:43 am)Blondie Wrote:
(October 17, 2015 at 11:31 am)Nay_Sayer Wrote: I'll bite this troll bait: EVOLUTION IS A FACT. A theory is the highest level an idea can reach and the term is misued so badly it's become diluted., You know what else is a theory? Gravity, I suggest sense theories can never be facts you will be willing to jump off your roof.
FSM forgives you for your trolling and stupidity. FSM Grin

Yeah you first.  Where is your missing link for macro evolution?  Why are there still monkeys?  Wouldn't all monkeys be extinct since they have no use on earth anymore since their human counter parts are here?    Gravity exist.  Please show me I am at least communicating to a half way intelligent person.
There are masses of transitional fossils which one were you after specifically? there is a lot of evidence in the genes, did you know that A cod fish is more cloel related to a giraffe than a hag fish? its in the genes baby. As for monkeys, we share a common ancestor but do "not come" from modern monkeys, which by the way are just as evolved as we are. Please read up on the facts of evolution as the amount of ignorance you are displaying is simply stunning. What level of education did you attain? are you still at school if so what year? I need to find out how to aim my explanations.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Seriously? Why are there still monkeys? This shit still exists in 2015?

Blondie, I get it if you are against believing in evolution. But please, for the sake of you not embarrassing yourself outside of your social circle, please learn why the question "why are there still monkeys?" is patently ridiculous. It is the literal equivalent of saying "If my great grandmother is related to me then why do I have cousins?"

Just peruse TalkOrigins.org for a introduction to evolution---the actual theory---not the strawman that your preacher debunks from the pulpit.

For a cogent response to the "why are there still monkeys" inanity, please read this.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(October 17, 2015 at 11:45 am)Blondie Wrote: Say what you want.  Where is the missing monkey and the still have not explained to me why the monkeys are still here when their according to you counter part is here?

You obviously have no understanding of evolution. Mutations evolve into their own line. This does not eradicate the origin of the un-mutated line. In other words, all the 'monkeys' did not magically turn into humans.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(October 17, 2015 at 11:43 am)Blondie Wrote: [...]Why are there still monkeys?  [...]

Lol, that's really silly...

If America was colonized by the British - how come there still are British people??? #mindblown...

[Image: giphy.gif]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Blondie, I think you are mistaken about us Satanists.

Please ask any question you may have of me, our members or our Dark Lord.

Every week, we have a "meeting" wherein we petition our Dark Lord for redress.

Please, let me know if you wish to ask Him anything. Anything at all. Our next meeting is Monday as we prep for our High Holy Day, Halloween.

Regards,

JesusHChrist
*Walks into thread*

*Looks around*

*Fucks right off*
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Coward!   Big Grin
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Bawk bawk bawk!
There are tons of resources online to learn about evolution, and many good books you can get.

But if you refuse to learn about it for fear of what it might do to your religious convictions, then that's rather sad. Religion really does get in the way of education, this is a case in point.

There's plenty of claims out there that evolution has been debunked. Until you learn for yourself about the subject matter, you won't be in a position to properly judge these claims for yourself. We can tell you that these claims are garbage, but that won't mean anything to you until you understand why we say that.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 17, 2015 at 5:06 am)Blondie Wrote: If the account of Noah's flood isn't true, then how is it possible that we have found Noah's Ark split up into three pieces?

It isn't true, nor have we found any ark split into pieces.

If you're going to make extraordinary claims like this, you need to support them with reputable sources.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2598 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3478 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1758 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4985 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8396 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2967 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1072 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2680 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Evidence for Believing Lek 368 51115 November 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
Information The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence Nogba 225 25277 August 2, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: comet