Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 10:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How honest should parents be?
RE: How honest should parents be?
Oh, well, Kitan, what did I expect.
(January 3, 2016 at 11:50 pm)Kitan Wrote: Seems the penguin is becoming excited.

EP needs to get bent!
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(January 4, 2016 at 1:11 am)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote: EP needs to get bent!

How dare you excite me thus.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(January 4, 2016 at 1:11 am)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(January 3, 2016 at 11:50 pm)Kitan Wrote: Seems the penguin is becoming excited.

EP needs to get bent!

GBD you're feisty tonight Tongue

How're things going? I totally miss you and I'm still hanging on to the hopes of a return to the old name.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(January 4, 2016 at 1:07 am)excitedpenguin Wrote:
(January 4, 2016 at 12:59 am)paulpablo Wrote: Basically Thena stated that she warned her children about wandering off with strangers and so on by explaining what happens to children who go missing without being too graphic about it.

EP then stated that Thena probably shouldn't have done this because it might be too graphic for them, then he stated that because Thena said she explained it in a way that was not too graphic he thought that this means she did in fact explain it in a way that was too graphic.

He then said people shouldn't have children if they can't afford to keep children in a safe environment.

To which I asked what does a safe environment have to do with the topic of kidnappers or child molesters in general, since they can be anywhere public. 

I also asked why he would think that Thena saying she explained this to her children in a not too graphic way might mean to him that she explained it in a way that was too graphic, taking into consideration that he wasn't there and it's a totally baseless assumption of his and he only knows about the situation because Thena explained it to him and in the way she explained it to him she explicitly said she told them in a non graphic way.

His answer to both my questions was that I wouldn't understand and that I lack nuance.

I can also guarantee my posts lack any sort of personal insult.

Your obtuseness is mind boggling. I can't explain every single little detail you fail to notice. We wouldn't get very far that way. And furthermore, you would have the advantage of somehow steering the conversation away from its essence to concentrate on particular things that make up the whole picture in order to attack me on those. Which still wouldn't address my initial point. I'm ready to admit I should be more explicit in my statements, and I try to do that, but you've got to meet me halfway and pay more attention to the context.

No you're stupid, I'm not.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 4, 2016 at 1:14 am)paulpablo Wrote: No you're stupid, I'm not.

What kind of immature response is that?
~ Erin Hunter
(January 4, 2016 at 12:01 am)excitedpenguin Wrote: Let me make it as simple as possible for those of you that lack the mental fortitude to discuss certain topics from a place of knowledge. Parents can be bad despite their good intentions. The road to hell on earth is paved with those. Parents can be overprotective and that can fuck someone up really bad, as well as making the problem they were trying to solve substantially worse in the long-run. Look at me, for instance. I speak both from experience and for rationality. Fortunately, I've always been bright enough to know how to better look out for myself, but that is surely not the case with everyone else. So stop your whining about me, and either accept my reasoning or don't, but don't for one moment assume I don't give a shit and am solely seeking to provoke controversy and raise arguments where there are none to be had, because I do care and that's the only reason I'm ready to navigate sensible topics, give thought-out if not always welcome advice and ask uncomfortable questions.

Go fuck yourself. Your "good" intentions are nothing more than pretensions.
(January 4, 2016 at 1:15 am)Kitan Wrote:
(January 4, 2016 at 1:14 am)paulpablo Wrote: No you're stupid, I'm not.

What kind of immature response is that?

The kind that I've been getting back to the questions I asked.

I asked him two reasonable questions and the reply was "No you're too stupid to understand"  It's a pretty big rule of reasonable logical debate that "You're stupid."  Or "You're too obtuse" Or not nuanced or however you want to put it is not a valid argument.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 4, 2016 at 12:13 am)excitedpenguin Wrote: One more thing though. Parents are meant to take care for and introduce apt members of society. It concerns all of us. If you're not ready to accept that, you should use a fucking condom.

Go FUCK yourself!
(January 4, 2016 at 1:19 am)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(January 4, 2016 at 12:13 am)excitedpenguin Wrote: One more thing though. Parents are meant to take care for and introduce apt members of society. It concerns all of us. If you're not ready to accept that, you should use a fucking condom.

Go FUCK yourself!

No, fuck you Snake.

There was nothing wrong with what you quoted.

In fact, it is the logical concept of most anyone.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb donald's parents? no one 2 498 October 13, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1866 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  are any of you honest enough to simply answer the question asked? Drich 120 11736 February 13, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  About LGBT Parents Der/die AtheistIn 13 1718 December 24, 2017 at 5:42 am
Last Post: notimportant1234
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 13301 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  Can I rant for a second, about parents NuclearEnergy 12 2262 December 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2197 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
Photo Going to be brutally honest - BLM edition dyresand 26 3032 August 31, 2016 at 11:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Parents not taking there crying child outside at a restaurant or store Sterben 65 6354 May 2, 2016 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  A honest statement dyresand 6 922 April 15, 2016 at 1:22 am
Last Post: ignoramus