Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About LGBT Parents
About LGBT Parents
How do kids of gay and lesbian couples call their parents? And how are agenders called by their kids? If you identify as neither male nor female, I guess you won't want to be called mom or dad.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: About LGBT Parents
I can't answer any of that, but being a straight parent of three teenagers, I get called some pretty interesting names....

Such as tyrant, bitch etc. I've also received the occasional "Fuck you! " so there's that.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
There's a lesbian couple on our street, raising a terrific kid - he calls both parents 'mum'. Can't speak to the 'agender' question. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Far more step (and poser) parents struggle with nomenclature.

And what do we suppose teen age girls call their bio-mom's creepy boyfriends ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 22, 2017 at 9:06 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: How do kids of gay and lesbian couples call their parents? And how are agenders called by their kids? If you identify as neither male nor female, I guess you won't want to be called mom or dad.

In English "it" is used for inanimate objects and also for something that doesn't have a gender or isn't clear what its gender is.
I hope that answers your question.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
My daughter's kids all call them different things. But generally they refer to my daughter as 'mom' and her wife as 'mere'
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
Ich weiss es nicht. (I don’t know) I always got lost with die, der, das in German. Looking back, I wish I’d had two dads Sad
I wish I had had a different dad.
(December 22, 2017 at 10:01 am)Atheist_BG Wrote:
(December 22, 2017 at 9:06 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: How do kids of gay and lesbian couples call their parents? And how are agenders called by their kids? If you identify as neither male nor female, I guess you won't want to be called mom or dad.

In English "it" is used for inanimate objects and also for something that doesn't have a gender or isn't clear what its gender is.
I hope that answers your question.

For people, dont use "it". Use "they" when unsure of gender.
wish I had a daddy . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb donald's parents? no one 2 456 October 13, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1819 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 13101 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  Can I rant for a second, about parents NuclearEnergy 12 2211 December 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
  Parents not taking there crying child outside at a restaurant or store Sterben 65 6129 May 2, 2016 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  How honest should parents be? paulpablo 282 54776 January 8, 2016 at 6:26 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  What LGBT should/shouldn't do Metis 15 1994 July 7, 2015 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Fantastic Parents SteelCurtain 11 2199 June 2, 2014 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Getting dat holiday mail from the parents. Violet 13 4709 December 19, 2013 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Violet
  Were your parents violent? Something completely different 15 3022 September 22, 2013 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Fruity