Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK to leave EU
RE: UK to leave EU
"Both sides" isn't exactly comforting.....  Was it more okay or less okay on account of both sides doing it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 25, 2016 at 9:54 pm)Napoléon Wrote: The advert didn't even say that 350 million would go straight to the NHS though. It was a suggestion that the 350 million could be used for better things, such as the NHS. [...]

There never was 350 million/week. It was all shameless propaganda by the right-wingers, because they knew the people they were trying to target with this bullsh*t were too stupid to check.

It's the same tactic Trump uses - lie blatantly and by the time the dumb f*cks realize what's going on - they'll be motivated to make excuses for the c*nts, in order to try and deny, that they were duped by demagogues.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 25, 2016 at 6:54 pm)Losty Wrote:
(June 25, 2016 at 6:51 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: If immigrants are so beneficial I wonder why Third World hell holes don't try to attract First World emigrants to improve their hell holes?

You do realize that having wealthy (by comparison) immigrants would indeed be a huge plus for third world countries. Who the fuck would want to go though?

People with a savior complex would jump at the opportunity.  You just have to influence them with the right propaganda.
(June 25, 2016 at 9:59 pm)Rhythm Wrote: "Both sides" isn't exactly comforting.....  Was it more okay or less okay on account of both sides doing it?

Far less okay. The debates were fought quite terribly to be honest. Nothing really intellectual about any of them. 

But I'm not weak enough in my convictions to change my entire opinion on the European super state, on the back of one poster that's inferring we might spend an exaggerated figure on an emotive public service like the NHS. I accept that as shit that's just going to happen because that was the nature of the entire debate.
(June 25, 2016 at 9:58 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(June 25, 2016 at 9:54 pm)Rhythm Wrote: What 350 million...even that part wasn't true.

Neither was world war 3 happening. Exaggeration happened on both sides.

At least there still might be a world war (however unlikely) - your fortune telling skills don't mean sh*t, I'm sorry. "Leave" went back on their bullsh*t immediately after winning - and it was obviously untrue as well as easy to check, way before the referendum. When your base are mouth-breathers, you don't need to worry about such details...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 25, 2016 at 10:08 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(June 25, 2016 at 9:58 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Neither was world war 3 happening. Exaggeration happened on both sides.

At least there still might be a world war (however unlikely) - your fortune telling skills don't mean sh*t, I'm sorry. "Leave" went back on their bullsh*t immediately after winning - and it was obviously untrue as well as easy to check, way before the referendum. When your base are mouth-breathers, you don't need to worry about such details...
If people want the promises to come true they just have to vote for people who will make it happen.  Since the people who made the promises now seem to be wimping out they should be kicked to the curb and other people put in place.  If you have the will you can make it happen.
(June 25, 2016 at 10:08 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: At least there still might be a world war (however unlikely) - your fortune telling skills don't mean sh*t, I'm sorry. "Leave" went back on their bullsh*t immediately after winning - and it was obviously untrue as well as easy to check, way before the referendum. When your base are mouth-breathers, you don't need to worry about such details...

And have the remain camp gone back on Obama's claim that the UK would be 'back of the queue' or are we just pretending that didn't happen?

What's worse. The leave campaigners exaggerating the amount of money we do actually send to the EU (which is still a lot). Or the remain campaigners using the most powerful man in the world to lie to voters.

They're both fucking terrible.
Oh he did? Hate to break it to you:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/...ric-decis/

http://m.euronews.com/en/336670/
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016...ction-2016

Quote:“The special relationship remains a special relationship,” he said. “We’re confident that, no matter what the implications are of this vote, that the relationship between the United States and UK will remain as strong as ever. Also our partnership with the EU, across a range of security, political and economic issues, will remain very strong indeed.”

Quote:I do want to make clear that the United States will strongly oppose the re-establishment of a hard border between the six counties of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

Now they're gonna try get involved with Northern Ireland. No wonder a lot of people hate the US.
The special relationship had nothing to do with trade. Its a political and military ally.

Obama's own spokesperson said he wasn't going back on what he said. The US will negotiate with the EU before the UK, because the EU has more economic power.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1056 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7417 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 4834 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2512 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  EU: Should the UK Leave or Stay? Napoléon 255 22235 May 4, 2016 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP Minimalist 11 2071 December 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 8767 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  French troops to leave Afghanistan Something completely different 23 8433 November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Brakeman