Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 1:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disney Just Bought Lucasfilm
RE: Disney Just Bought Lucasfilm
[Image: 408999_296989693743792_1024899338_n.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(November 1, 2012 at 11:47 pm)Stimbo Wrote: This from Cracked:

5 Reasons Star Wars Sequels Would Be Worse Than The Prequels

(An old article republished in light of current events.)

Sorry that article is a pile of bantha dung. Sounds like some purist who simply wanted a nice wrapup of his story after Return of the Jedi. Sorry, some of us want to see that story continue. Now some of the books were horrible, others were amazing though so as far as I'm concerned his first 5 "points" do nothing but convince me it was a GOOD thing to have the EU Star Wars.

As for the last, I do see a "seen this all before" element with the comics mentioned but I've never read them so can't really speak firsthand. Still overall this guy needs to stop whining.
(November 2, 2012 at 9:47 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: [Image: 408999_296989693743792_1024899338_n.jpg]

I think even Disney characters would be an improvement upon a cinnamon bun haired princess with a faked British accent.
(November 3, 2012 at 12:12 pm)Utracia Wrote:
(November 1, 2012 at 11:47 pm)Stimbo Wrote: This from Cracked:

5 Reasons Star Wars Sequels Would Be Worse Than The Prequels

(An old article republished in light of current events.)

Sorry that article is a pile of bantha dung. Sounds like some purist who simply wanted a nice wrapup of his story after Return of the Jedi. Sorry, some of us want to see that story continue. Now some of the books were horrible, others were amazing though so as far as I'm concerned his first 5 "points" do nothing but convince me it was a GOOD thing to have the EU Star Wars.

As for the last, I do see a "seen this all before" element with the comics mentioned but I've never read them so can't really speak firsthand. Still overall this guy needs to stop whining.

Actually it's an opinion, much of which I happen to share (which is the reason I decided to link it here). What you expressed is your opinion, which I respect you to have. None of us are going to have much input into whatever does finally emerge; personally I'd like to see something fresh and original, rather than rehashed fan fiction.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 2, 2012 at 9:47 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: [Image: 408999_296989693743792_1024899338_n.jpg]
This gave me a laugh this morning, thanks! Big Grin

On a serious note, although I know you disagree, I really think since Disney will only be producing (paying for) the film, and we don't know who the creative forces behind it will be yet, Disney might be a HUGE improvement over Lucas. We won't know until they come out.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
[Image: 486199_531184210244609_541310366_n.jpg]

I think the dress needs some work Undecided
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I think so too. Cut a little too high at the top.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Right. What we really need is Star Whores.
The skirt's too flowy, that's the problem.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(November 3, 2012 at 12:59 pm)Aroura Wrote: On a serious note, although I know you disagree, I really think since Disney will only be producing (paying for) the film, and we don't know who the creative forces behind it will be yet, Disney might be a HUGE improvement over Lucas. We won't know until they come out.

I actually agree. I don't think Disney could do any worse than Lucas has done. After all, it was Lucas that was the one who destroyed his own franchise.

If they do make new Star Wars films, I'll simply watch them under the notion that I'm watching a new sci-fi space movie that has nothing to do with Lucas' three original films. That way, I'll be judging them on their own merit.

(November 3, 2012 at 11:17 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: [Image: 486199_531184210244609_541310366_n.jpg]

I think the dress needs some work Undecided

I think it'll take more than a dress this time around...

[Image: Carrie+Fisher+Carrie+Fisher+Panel+During...PdXV5l.jpg]

[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 622 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 499 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Valk's is writing for Disney?? no one 3 395 August 27, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Deal alert -- just bought The God Delusion for $3.73 Jehanne 5 778 March 16, 2019 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Peterkin
  My extreme love for Walt Disney World Distheist 7 1180 February 3, 2018 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2204 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Lucasfilm's insane attitudes towards "piracy" Aractus 5 1625 December 3, 2015 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Okay so I bought this stupid antique... Aractus 13 2415 January 15, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Bought a New Hobby Cinjin 5 2676 May 16, 2012 at 7:44 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko