Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 7:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian forces occupy the Crimea.
RE: Russian forces occupy the Crimea.
(March 4, 2014 at 8:33 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: America is *weird*. Never won a war, but entered a lot of them, just to face internal opposition and retreating like mutts with their tails between their legs.
I don't know why anyone even takes you seriously. Worst world power ever in history.
I would think that people would be much more favorably inclined towards a super power that didn't win very often. It may be that the USA is more popular than it is taken seriously, which happens when you have a country with a lot of money and disastrous spending habits.

In any case, I don't see what we would do militarily against Russia. Are there any nations that would, at this point, agree to allow the USA to drag them into another war? I can't imagine that there would be popular support for sending armed forces abroad after we have spent the last decade complaining that we aren't bringing the troops home quickly enough.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(March 5, 2014 at 1:59 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(March 4, 2014 at 8:33 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: America is *weird*. Never won a war, but entered a lot of them, just to face internal opposition and retreating like mutts with their tails between their legs.
I don't know why anyone even takes you seriously. Worst world power ever in history.
I would think that people would be much more favorably inclined towards a super power that didn't win very often. It may be that the USA is more popular than it is taken seriously, which happens when you have a country with a lot of money and disastrous spending habits.

In any case, I don't see what we would do militarily against Russia. Are there any nations that would, at this point, agree to allow the USA to drag them into another war? I can't imagine that there would be popular support for sending armed forces abroad after we have spent the last decade complaining that we aren't bringing the troops home quickly enough.

Yes, probably all the countries we bankroll.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(March 5, 2014 at 3:16 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: [and] Japan ... you ... force them into surrender.

What exactly is your definition of winning a war? Getting them to do the polka?

No, your definition is whatever way you have to twist the truth so your previous point isn't shown wrong. It just makes you look even more pathetic.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 5, 2014 at 1:50 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:
(March 5, 2014 at 1:47 pm)A Theist Wrote: Hey, I was just trying to help the kid. He seems so unhappy here in this evil country, I thought maybe he'd be happier moving "somewhere else" that's more to his liking.

I'm sure I would. Since you're so concerned with/for EVERYONE ELSE, you'll be paying for my plane ticket, yes?

Well Hell's Bells! If the price of a plane ticket's all that's keeping you here, sure, I'll be glad to help you with that! That was "one-way", right?
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(March 5, 2014 at 2:07 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(March 5, 2014 at 1:50 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: I'm sure I would. Since you're so concerned with/for EVERYONE ELSE, you'll be paying for my plane ticket, yes?

Well Hell's Bells! If the price of a plane ticket's all that's keeping you here, sure, I'll be glad to help you with that! That was "one-way", right?

Yep. Jamaica please. Smile
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(March 5, 2014 at 2:13 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:
(March 5, 2014 at 2:07 pm)A Theist Wrote: Well Hell's Bells! If the price of a plane ticket's all that's keeping you here, sure, I'll be glad to help you with that! That was "one-way", right?

Yep. Jamaica please. Smile

Jamaica it is. Kick back and enjoy the Calypso music! Wink

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(March 5, 2014 at 2:30 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(March 5, 2014 at 2:13 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Yep. Jamaica please. Smile

Jamaica it is. Kick back and enjoy the Calypso music! Wink

You mean no more of this ingenuity?
Undecided
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN1iI-DaJNw
(March 5, 2014 at 2:42 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:
(March 5, 2014 at 2:30 pm)A Theist Wrote: Jamaica it is. Kick back and enjoy the Calypso music! Wink

You mean no more of this ingenuity?
Undecided
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN1iI-DaJNw

I can't see the video. My OS won't pick it up. I run one of the Linux programs.

Re: Russian forces occupy the Crimea.
My linux OS plays it fine
(March 5, 2014 at 9:34 am)A Theist Wrote: The left are blind sheep of an intolerant and naive ideology. They live in a bubble world where all is the way they imagine it to be, not as the real world actually is. That's how they govern. They can't imagine why anyone would think differently from them. That's why they try to intimidate, ridicule, and smear anyone who voices a different opinion from theirs.

I'd say all the same things above except I'd replace "left" with "right". I'd love to have a rational discussion about the serious problems our nation faces but the GOP has completely lost its mind and lives in a completely alternate reality. You seem to feel the same about me.

So at least one of us is completely wrong about the other.

I was once a conservative Republican.

Were you ever a liberal Democrat?

So which one of us is really closed minded?

Quote:In their treacherous and anti- American bubble
The word "treason" is often used by the GOP against liberals. This has been Newt Gingrich's contribution to our political discourse. So another question for you:

Which political party very recently, last October, literally came close to destroying this country as a political stunt?

If the hardline GOP had its way, we'd have deliberately and willfully defaulted on our nation's debt, not because we couldn't pay our bills but because we would have decided not to. The result would have been a total collapse of our economy that would have made 2008 look like a minor correction. Our credit would have been demolished. The US would have been transformed from a world economic superpower to a 3rd world country overnight. They'd have burned down the country and danced on its remains.

New Rule: The party that tries to destroy America in an act of political extortion is not allowed to question anyone's patriotism.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Open Discussion on Russian Identity Leonardo17 10 1192 December 4, 2023 at 11:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  US & Russian participation on the International Space Station. Jehanne 8 1189 December 18, 2022 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ukrainians dont want to learn Russian language Interaktive 2 334 July 31, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Ukraine/Crimea/Russia issue Mystic 23 5692 April 5, 2019 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  Watergate II: The strongest hint of Russian collusion yet DarkerEnergy 3 1412 July 9, 2017 at 7:31 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Top Russian Officials Discussed How to Influence Trump Aides Last Summer Foxaèr 5 1734 May 25, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Alex K
  FBI Arrests Ten People With Alleged Ties To Trump and Russian Mafia Secular Elf 7 2428 March 29, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hillary's forces target Bush donors ReptilianPeon 40 6553 May 10, 2016 at 7:46 am
Last Post: GUBU
  occupy wall street nintendo048 23 6026 March 31, 2014 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Ukraine is Russian! EgoRaptor 6 2037 January 22, 2014 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet