Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 9:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am availible to answer some questions
RE: I am availible to answer some questions
(March 7, 2014 at 4:16 pm)Miss Meng Wrote: If you were looking for a long winded explanation you wouldn't have found one. My statement was self evident and needed nothing added.

I believe I was seeking actual proof, of which has become apparent you cannot offer.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 7, 2014 at 4:19 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: I believe I was seeking actual proof, of which has become apparent you cannot offer.

Proof. I see that word bandied about all too often. Unlike you I am not cocksure of things.
(March 7, 2014 at 4:22 pm)Miss Meng Wrote: Proof. I see that word bandied about all too often. Unlike you I am not cocksure of things.

You can believe in the existence of unicorns and leprechauns, too, since there is no proof of their existences. By all means, continue living a lie.
~ Erin Hunter
(March 7, 2014 at 4:23 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: You can believe in the existence of unicorns and leprechauns, too.

Now that's just silly.
(March 7, 2014 at 4:09 pm)Miss Meng Wrote: The evidence is all around you. Use your eyes. Use your ears. Use your feet to touch the ground He created.

~ Miss Meng

Pointing at existence and claiming it is evidence that your god created it is a circular argument.

Existence is only evidence for existence. If you want to convince us that your god is responsible, you have to provide evidence for his existence.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(March 7, 2014 at 4:24 pm)Miss Meng Wrote: Now that's just silly.

No sillier than believing that mythological deities are real.
~ Erin Hunter
(March 7, 2014 at 4:22 pm)Miss Meng Wrote:
(March 7, 2014 at 4:19 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: I believe I was seeking actual proof, of which has become apparent you cannot offer.

Proof. I see that word bandied about all too often. Unlike you I am not cocksure of things.

ROFLOL

A christian who is NOT "cocksure"? Too damn funny! Gotta be a Poe. (Or one really stupid christian.)
Mildly entertaining. I'm off to bed now.
(March 7, 2014 at 2:24 pm)Miss Meng Wrote:
Quote:Ah.... so nice of you to drop by.

Thank you.
Don't mention it.

Quote:First question: where did you get the notion of "Heavenly Father" from?

Through prayer.
How did you know you had to pray to get that notion of "heavenly father"?
How did you know what to pray, or how to pray?

Quote:Second question: How do you know that this entity is willing to forgive anything?

Once you come to know Him, you will know when He has forgiven.
Why should I care about "coming to know him"? It's forgiven.

Quote:Third: what's to forgive?

There is always something to forgive.
People forgive unkind deeds from other people.
What could be unkind from a person to this "heavenly father"?

Quote:Fourth: "creator"? where did that come from?!

He created the heavens and the Earth.
Did he?
How did you come to acquire this piece of information?
Also, what is this thing you call "heavens"?

Quote:EDIT:
Almost forgot: welcome to the forum! Here's to hoping you have a lovely time around here.
cheers!

Thank you dear!

~ Miss Meng

I meant it...
However, I note you've recently dropped your ending "signature"... has it become burdensome?
(March 7, 2014 at 4:24 pm)Miss Meng Wrote:
(March 7, 2014 at 4:23 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: You can believe in the existence of unicorns and leprechauns, too.

Now that's just silly.
My irony sense is tingling.
That's MISTER Godless Vegetarian Tree Hugging Hippie Liberal to you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is not the answer Foxaèr 47 5310 October 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer Foxaèr 431 128559 August 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12543 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I've never gotten a good answer to.... Brian37 23 5788 October 23, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The Consistent Asshole Answer to Every Problem Minimalist 3 1865 June 17, 2016 at 9:37 am
Last Post: tacebotedo
  Share Your Untestimony: Prayers that God didn't Answer Rhondazvous 81 21699 November 3, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The Answer is - The Greeks Minimalist 16 3287 January 27, 2015 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Questions to answer polar bear 20 3582 October 26, 2014 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Losty
  possible answer to why you should believe jeroenymo 65 11780 October 23, 2014 at 10:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13
Information FOR THE Atheist/Anti-Muslim/Non-Muslim, A Muslim ( Me) is going to answer you kahmed123 47 8608 October 8, 2014 at 8:37 am
Last Post: bladevalant546