Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 3:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian forces occupy the Crimea.
RE: Russian forces occupy the Crimea.
(March 9, 2014 at 4:07 pm)A Theist Wrote: ... follow their own rules. Double standards like this sets a poor example for everyone else...and besides, it was you who raised the issue of a so-called "Atheistic ideology". I never equated atheism to nazism....and who would've thought that a Christian like Mother Teresa had so much in common with nazi ideology.

But I'm used to far-leftwing nuts ignoring history.

(March 7, 2014 at 7:21 am)A Theist Wrote: Well pardon me all to hell! I guess that was justification for your boy Hitler then.

I roll in your disingenuousness.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(March 9, 2014 at 7:29 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(March 9, 2014 at 4:07 pm)A Theist Wrote: ... follow their own rules. Double standards like this sets a poor example for everyone else...and besides, it was you who raised the issue of a so-called "Atheistic ideology". I never equated atheism to nazism....and who would've thought that a Christian like Mother Teresa had so much in common with nazi ideology.

But I'm used to far-leftwing nuts ignoring history.

(March 7, 2014 at 7:21 am)A Theist Wrote: Well pardon me all to hell! I guess that was justification for your boy Hitler then.

I roll in your disingenuousness.
...and I roll in your dishonesty. Especially when you cherry pick only half of a conversation to attack...

Quote:Minimalist Wrote:
I bet you think your great xtian nation never broke a treaty, eh Adolf?

A Theist Wrote:
Well pardon me all to hell! I guess that was justification for your boy Hitler then.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
A wise fat dude once said: if they started talking much before fighting, they are not gonna fight.

Thats why I call bullshit on WWE, not only cuz it looks fake, but cuz of all the talking before the fight .
When was the last time did you ever see 2 boxers insulting each other before matches ?

And thats also why I think this whole Crimea thing is not gonna start a war, cuz they talked too much .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(March 9, 2014 at 1:25 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: That's the problem with atheism. Its devoid of purpose.
That's not a problem. It's a feature.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(March 10, 2014 at 8:42 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: A wise fat dude once said: if they started talking much before fighting, they are not gonna fight.

Thats why I call bullshit on WWE, not only cuz it looks fake, but cuz of all the talking before the fight .
When was the last time did you ever see 2 boxers insulting each other before matches ?

And thats also why I think this whole Crimea thing is not gonna start a war, cuz they talked too much .

There may be some truth in that. But another anonymous wise dude once said, Never say never.

Actually, I've seen a lot of Boxers insult each other in pre-fight interviews, Mike Tyson and Lenox Lewis for example. Lewis beat the crap out of Tyson in that title fight.

Appeasing dictators and leaders like Putin doesn't usually tend to good results. WWII is a perfect example of that.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Meanwhile...back in the real world.... interesting case study

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/19/world/...TE&ei=5043

Quote:ATOTSI, Georgia — As Crimeans danced in the streets this week, giddy at the prospect of being gathered into Russia, few were watching as closely as the residents of the tiny mountainous enclave of South Ossetia, who, five and a half years ago, were similarly ecstatic.

On the day in 2008 when Russia formally recognized the enclave as independent of Georgia, young men hung out of their car windows, waving Russian flags and spraying pedestrians with Champagne. Officials daydreamed about building an economy based on tourism, like that of Monaco or Andorra.

That has not happened. These days South Ossetia’s economy is entirely dependent on budgetary funds from Russia. Unemployment is high, and so are prices, since goods must now be shuttled in through the tunnel, long and thin like a drinking straw, that cuts through the Caucasus ridge from Russia.

The old USSR pattern is repeating. Corruption - even worse than here - will tank every undertaking.
I wish there was a way to make Georgia's economy boom while simultaneously thumb their noses at Ossetia.

Not so great now, eh? Jackasses.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(March 9, 2014 at 1:25 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: That's the problem with atheism. Its devoid of purpose.

There's a lot of flags being flown behind atheism these days. Atheism itself has no ideology but there's a lot of things that would make people think there was.
We're really not going to stay out of it are we?
Just be happy you don't have some trigger-happy republicunt* in the WH.

*Trigger-happy when someone else is pulling the triggers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Open Discussion on Russian Identity Leonardo17 10 1192 December 4, 2023 at 11:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  US & Russian participation on the International Space Station. Jehanne 8 1189 December 18, 2022 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ukrainians dont want to learn Russian language Interaktive 2 334 July 31, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Ukraine/Crimea/Russia issue Mystic 23 5692 April 5, 2019 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  Watergate II: The strongest hint of Russian collusion yet DarkerEnergy 3 1412 July 9, 2017 at 7:31 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Top Russian Officials Discussed How to Influence Trump Aides Last Summer Foxaèr 5 1734 May 25, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Alex K
  FBI Arrests Ten People With Alleged Ties To Trump and Russian Mafia Secular Elf 7 2428 March 29, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hillary's forces target Bush donors ReptilianPeon 40 6552 May 10, 2016 at 7:46 am
Last Post: GUBU
  occupy wall street nintendo048 23 6026 March 31, 2014 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Ukraine is Russian! EgoRaptor 6 2037 January 22, 2014 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet