Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 8:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abiogenesis is impossible
RE: Abiogenesis is impossible
As usual, no evidence so let the preaching begin. Fucking gullible superstitious dolts will never learn.
It's a default subroutine that the user returns to whenever they encounter a critical error. Some folks just don't seem to be able to process it when their "well thought out" internal narratives vaporize in front of them. Others just take it in stride. Minds blown. Personally, I enjoy the experience, but to some - it's clearly not an option.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 8, 2014 at 5:36 am)Cato Wrote:
(July 8, 2014 at 2:48 am)snowtracks Wrote: after moses was given instruction by God, he asked: who should i say sent me? the answer was 'I am who I am". in other words, God proves God.

Are you sure it's God? Sounds an awful lot like Popeye.

I don't remember my boy ever saying that.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
People stick to religion in the face of reason and evidence for one simple reason: it is more important to them.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 9, 2014 at 6:09 am)Rhythm Wrote: It's a default subroutine that the user returns to whenever they encounter a critical error. Some folks just don't seem to be able to process it when their "well thought out" internal narratives vaporize in front of them. Others just take it in stride. Minds blown. Personally, I enjoy the experience, but to some - it's clearly not an option.

Do you wish to send an error report, snowy?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 8, 2014 at 9:22 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(July 8, 2014 at 8:40 pm)snowtracks Wrote: God existence is self-evident. 3 sources: book of science, book of scripture, and conscience ('man made in the image' is internally recognized). just one source exclusively seals the deal. so everyone has that knowledge.

Hardly. You need to look up the definition of self evident, "clearly true and requiring no proof or explanation." If god were self evident no proof but god itself would be required. Say sources and you've moved way beyond self-evident.

(July 8, 2014 at 8:40 pm)snowtracks Wrote: However, there are certain ones that never developed a spiritual discernment so to disarm that knowledge, they attempt to make-up intellectual pretenses.

Understanding others is often an exercise of imagination. Can you imagine believing in an all powerful being that sees your every move and controls everything. Now imagine saying to yourself, well if I just rationalize really well it will go away. Can't do it? Neither can I.

It's reason, not rationalization. There is no god to fear.

I still "am who I am." Ready to believe I'm god yet? Thought not.
what I believe is: there is some taunting going on here.

(July 13, 2014 at 12:02 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(July 9, 2014 at 6:09 am)Rhythm Wrote: It's a default subroutine that the user returns to whenever they encounter a critical error. Some folks just don't seem to be able to process it when their "well thought out" internal narratives vaporize in front of them. Others just take it in stride. Minds blown. Personally, I enjoy the experience, but to some - it's clearly not an option.

Do you wish to send an error report, snowy?
what science demand is adequate evidence not absolute proof. to have absolute proof lies beyond human reach since it demands complete knowledge of anything in the universe which is impossible because humans are within and part of the universe. so what it comes down is practical proof. for instance gravity, we accept the truth of gravity based on sufficient testing and observation. the biblical God invites a testing that's based on logic and testable facts which will result in a biblical faith based on objective evidence.
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
(July 13, 2014 at 9:57 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(July 8, 2014 at 9:22 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Hardly. You need to look up the definition of self evident, "clearly true and requiring no proof or explanation." If god were self evident no proof but god itself would be required. Say sources and you've moved way beyond self-evident.

Understanding others is often an exercise of imagination. Can you imagine believing in an all powerful being that sees your every move and controls everything. Now imagine saying to yourself, well if I just rationalize really well it will go away. Can't do it? Neither can I.

It's reason, not rationalization. There is no god to fear.

I still "am who I am." Ready to believe I'm god yet? Thought not.
what I believe is: there is some taunting going on here.

Noticed the taunt did you? Well maybe it will remind you in future that some attempts to prove god are beyond silly. They are insulting.

What you are arguing is that those who don't believe in your god are willfully blind. Yes I know it's scripture. But read the bolded part above. Now ask yourself, is god really self evident to those who don't believe?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(July 13, 2014 at 9:57 pm)snowtracks Wrote: the biblical God invites a testing that's based on logic and testable facts which will result in a biblical faith based on objective evidence.
You've just made the god claim falsifiable (congratulations), and conveniently.....that experiment has been run by many on the boards. If you want to keep the pretense of "logic and testable fact", you'll have to acknowledge that at some point. Kind of turns the last half of that sentence into gibberish though.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 13, 2014 at 9:57 pm)snowtracks Wrote: what science demand is adequate evidence not absolute proof. to have absolute proof lies beyond human reach since it demands complete knowledge of anything in the universe which is impossible because humans are within and part of the universe. so what it comes down is practical proof. for instance gravity, we accept the truth of gravity based on sufficient testing and observation. the biblical God invites a testing that's based on logic and testable facts which will result in a biblical faith based on objective evidence.

Excuse me? What part of "it's just self evident! Shut up!" is logical to you? Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(July 14, 2014 at 6:06 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(July 13, 2014 at 9:57 pm)snowtracks Wrote: what science demand is adequate evidence not absolute proof. to have absolute proof lies beyond human reach since it demands complete knowledge of anything in the universe which is impossible because humans are within and part of the universe. so what it comes down is practical proof. for instance gravity, we accept the truth of gravity based on sufficient testing and observation. the biblical God invites a testing that's based on logic and testable facts which will result in a biblical faith based on objective evidence.

Excuse me? What part of "it's just self evident! Shut up!" is logical to you? Dodgy
as it turns out, even your top echelon guy is not that sure of himself anymore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-SuMWakNxI
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impossible to love a monster Foxaèr 18 2062 April 6, 2018 at 8:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 22113 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christianity almost impossible without indoctrination FreeTony 118 32973 February 17, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent. Greatest I am 104 47243 January 14, 2012 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Adam and Eve impossible searchingforanswers 70 46446 September 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  The Bodily Resurrection of Christ was Impossible bjhulk 3 4586 February 8, 2011 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Argument for atheism from impossible actions Captain Scarlet 16 7542 September 1, 2010 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: everythingafter