Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 5:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theist ➤ Why ☠ Atheism is Evil Compared to ✠ Christianity
RE: Theist ➤ Why ☠ Atheism is Evil Compared to ✠ Christianity
The Joker Wrote:What is hard for me is that people can't be bothered to just google for the answer, instead they wait until someone like me comes along to this forum and challenges their views and I just don't have the time to get to all of yous, that's just pure laziness.

We seem to have answers for every point you've raised. Many of us have read the Bible for ourselves. I was a believer when I read it. You seem to be complaining that you're expected to back up your statements before we'll believe you're right. That IS pure laziness.

But you don't have to get back to all of us. The upstanding thing to do would be to select the very best points made against your posts and just address those if you don't have time to get to all of them. If you don't have enough time to address all posts, which ones you select to respond to will say a lot about you.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Catholic_Lady Wrote:Lol I'm impressed that you took the time to respond to all this.

My eyes were bigger than my stomach, I couldn't finish it. Angel
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(November 22, 2016 at 12:55 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
The Joker Wrote:This law is applies to Israel, have you ever seen a christian fathers going around stoning children, in the new testament this law is not necessary.

In the Old Testament, God appears harsh for three reasons. First, it was to demonstrate the exacting requirements of the Law--a perfect and demanding standard. Second, it ultimately demonstrates the need for grace that would eventually be manifested on the cross. Third, should rebellion take root the very heart of the gospel would be at risk since the prophecies of the Messiah coming to and through Israel could be undermined should rebellion become rampant and society fall apart causing the prophecies to fail. Therefore, we can conclude that this harsh requirement was a necessary legality to instill and designate the necessity of family order and respect and to ultimately provide another safeguard that would ensure the sacrifice of Christ.

So God asked the Jews to follow one version of morality and Christians to follow a different one? Read the Bible cover-to-cover twice, I noticed that too.

An Eternal and Unchanging God wouldn't do that.

God gave The Law that it would be kept.

Don't go overthinking that, you'll just come under the sway of Satan.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 22, 2016 at 1:04 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
The Joker Wrote:What is a Poe?

A Poe is someone who pretends on the internet to hold positions they don't actually hold, in order to make the people who do hold those positions look bad. The classic example is an atheist who pretends to be a Christian and makes particularly bad arguments and treats people with disrespect.

Famously, it's very hard to tell a Poe from the real thing, whether they are good or bad at it, because there are sincere examples of the group being mocked acting the same way.

So, when a person who's presentation for their side is particularly appalling and stereotypical comes along, making uncharitable assertions about us, they are often suspected of being a Poe. It's impossible to be sure unless they admit it, though.

Speaking of charity, being accused of being a Poe is actually a compliment compared to be taken for face value. It implies you're someone who is bored and playing a prank, not someone who actually thinks what they're doing is worthwhile communication, which would be even sadder.

Awesome post, son!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 21, 2016 at 5:31 pm)The Joker Wrote:
(November 21, 2016 at 5:05 pm)Shell B Wrote: Bit of an elitist cunt, aren't you, buddy?

I'll pass over half the drivel and get to the part where you say atheist marriages involve a lot of fights. Proof positive right here that you're wrong. I was married to a Catholic and we fought constantly. Married to an atheist now, we rarely argue for more than a few short minutes and rarely argue at that. Your assumptions are silly and based on nothing but your own deluded hopes that being an atheist is worse than being a whateverthefuckyouare because if being atheist is not any worse or better in terms of marriage or quality of life, you've been wasting your time. Now, fuck off and come back with some data for your broad and frankly insane claims.

I said "true Christian home".  Big Grin

Haha, I can attest as well. 

I'm not a "True Christian" as evident by my user name... Wink ...and yet I can sit here and say with all seriousness that my marriage is probably one of the best to ever have existed, like, of alllll time.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 22, 2016 at 1:04 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: A Poe is someone who pretends on the internet to hold positions they don't actually hold, in order to make the people who do hold those positions look bad. The classic example is an atheist who pretends to be a Christian and makes particularly bad arguments and treats people with disrespect.

Also, Poe's Law holds that an extremist position on a subject is difficult to differentiate from a parody of the same. Some of the earnest theists will make claims or offer explanations that are so bizarre that it's tough to be certain that they're not just pretending. Thus, someone who comes along making posts that are meant as a parody may be taken seriously even as they get stranger and stranger. I think we've had one or two people who tried to see how insane they could sound before everyone realized that they were having us on. And then we have members like enrico...
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Slavery - god says it's a okay
Murder in the same of said god - god says it's a okay
Rape - god says it's a okay
Bashing babies over the rocks - god says it's a okay
killing your children - god says it's a okay
i could keep going but.. christianity is not a good as you think @OP
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
planting two different kinds of seeds in the same field - God says no, and his followers will stone you if you try
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'll plant a seed in your field, vorlon.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 24, 2016 at 9:52 pm)dyresand Wrote: Slavery - god says it's a okay
Murder in the same of said god - god says it's  a okay
Rape - god says it's a okay
Bashing babies over the rocks - god  says it's a okay
killing your children - god says it's a okay
i could keep going but.. christianity is not a good as you think @OP

You're not reading the bible properly! You have to use the secret filter which tells you which bits mean the opposite of what they say.

There is a problem with the filters though. When they were produced, a glitch meant they didn't all highlight the same areas to switch round, and now no one can remember what the original filter was meant to be. The results are now more or less random.

They're called Christian brains.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 420 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 42437 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 17393 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1637 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Can "Jesus is God" be compared to "Ghost in the Shell" anime Woah0 17 1801 August 20, 2022 at 3:45 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2270 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 1049 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2464 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  1 John 4:1 compared to The No True Scotsman Fallacy and sophisms Thomas Kelly252525 104 14309 June 20, 2016 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Problem of Evil (XXVII) SteveII 248 28316 June 16, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: SteveII