Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 7:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone help me? I'm trying to open my mind to new ideas about Refugees
RE: Can someone help me? I'm trying to open my mind to new ideas about Refugees
(November 29, 2015 at 12:50 pm)DespondentFishdeathMasochismo Wrote: You know how I feel about joking about lithium? I feel like it's the same as "jokingly" being homophobic. What I mean by throwing around your power as a mod is being cocky, saying things with impunity. A person in a position of power should be humble, you're not in charge of your own little army. You lead by force, I've seen so many moderators like you. I am probably looking way to deep into it, I can't know that for sure. That's the explanation I'm immediately going to draw when I see your behavior. I have dealt with many asshole moderators, who ended up simply banning me because they don't like me. If you're jeopardizing my chance to be on a forum because you're self absorbed, you're damn right I'm going to see you as the enemy. 

Cocky? I'll own that at times. I am a self confident person. I see no reason to curtail that in my online persona. I am confident in my life experiences and that they will properly inform my decisions and actions. If you mistake confidence for cockiness, well, that's on you.

What things should I not have impunity to say? Should I instead say I hope you die and that you are a stupid fucking moron who is not worth anyone's time? Would that be better than making a tongue in cheek remark to someone who is ragequitting because he thinks this forum has the same etiquette as a reddit sub?

If you can dish it out, you had better be able to take it. You have dished out some whoppers. I'll apologize for the lithium comment, as it truly was not meant to offend, but I will acknowledge that it has and be more conscious of it in the future. But if you honestly think people are out of line for disagreeing with you and your epic rageposts, then maybe it is you who should re-examine himself.

So far on this forum you have acted very similar to a troll. It seems you are trying to incite a reaction from everyone you encounter, and go from civil conversation to "I hate you, fucking die" with only the slightest provocation. Then you demand respect. If you think that's a respectful way to act, you should check yourself.

Let me let you in on a little secret about these forums. Staff are regular members first. We volunteer our time. I have been a member of forums where mods and admins are there only to moderate and admin, and don't comment on threads. This is not one of those forums. I am a regular member commenting until you receive a PM from me with "Mike, AF.org Staff" at the end, or a green box at the end of your post. Anything I say outside of those methods of communication is not me acting as a moderator. Until now I have given you no reason to think I'd just haul off and ban you. That is your own insecurity talking. In point of fact, it would be impossible for me to do so. I would be reprimanded and possibly removed from staff for acting solo without staff quorum.

Now would you like to apologize for your unfounded assertions?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone help me? I'm trying to open my mind to new ideas about Refugees - by SteelCurtain - November 29, 2015 at 1:13 pm
RE:I'm so sorry - by Pizza - November 29, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Open Discussion on Russian Identity Leonardo17 10 1149 December 4, 2023 at 11:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1500 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 835 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  An Open Letter to Congress Secular Elf 14 1045 March 4, 2020 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Open borders onlinebiker 263 16023 August 14, 2019 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Someone Explain This 'Shutdown' to Me? Jade-Green Stone 62 5751 January 22, 2019 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2524 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas Seraphina 8 823 June 26, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Can someone please explain the difference? Losty 12 1271 June 26, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The WLB Just Can't Help Himself Minimalist 6 1026 June 9, 2018 at 5:03 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb