Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 5:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I do if I'm being forced to go to a Christian School?
RE: What should I do if I'm being forced to go to a Christian School?
(June 7, 2016 at 7:40 pm)Cecelia Wrote: You were however saying that Private School teachers were 'by and large better at their craft'. I very much disagree.

And I disagree that private schools are a better educational opportunity. When accounting for demographics, it's been shown that public schools actually outperform private schools. I know it's an accepted truth that our public schools are 'failing', but they really aren't. Our nations schools really aren't poor. Drop out rates are going down, graduation rates are going up, the percentage of people attending college is going up, test scores are going up. If there is a failing, it's in addressing childhood poverty. It's an issue we continue to ignore in favor of calling for reforms (often by people who stand to profit off of these reforms, and then reported on by news stations that are affiliated with those same people.) Do we need to make improvements? I won't deny that we do. But that's always going to be the case. It certainly doesn't mean that our schools are failing or are poor.

Again, I am not making a broad, sweeping statement about the nation's school systems. I am talking about a specific district/region that I have inside information on.

I am a product of a public school, and I wouldn't change that for anything. I went to a deregulated school in Florida and got an amazing education with some incredible teachers.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should I do if I'm being forced to go to a Christian School? - by SteelCurtain - June 7, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paschal's Wager re-formulated mathematically: why being Christian is Rational. Nishant Xavier 59 3765 August 6, 2023 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5340 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Forced Prayer ScienceAf 33 6670 August 15, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Being a sinner just for being born mlmooney89 110 15904 June 14, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So, my son attends school at the church Easy Guns 44 9251 January 11, 2016 at 6:14 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Daughter objects to prayers at school TubbyTubby 48 7846 July 10, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Going to a Roman Catholic school and expressing my opinion. piterski123 7 3408 April 28, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  I am better off being a christian than an atheist ZeldaAdmirer 13 4485 November 17, 2014 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  The Christian view of life being superior to the Atheist one Dolorian 16 3458 October 26, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Anyone else an atheist while going to a Christian school? KentuckySkeptic224 7 3111 October 16, 2014 at 7:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger