Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The vast complexity of living things proves that God exists (proof 1)
RE: The vast complexity of living things proves that God exists (proof 1)
(October 2, 2013 at 9:58 am)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: It does present a problem for atheistic origin science.
In reality according to AOS, both are descendants of a common ancestor, and that both evolved over the same time from that ancestor.

So why is their DNA code sizes so different?
There is one amoeba with a code 200x the size as that for mankind.

Because there's no requirement that the sizes be the same, or be in concordance with the complexity of the organism, and the theory of evolution has never demanded otherwise?

I can understand why you'd think that, it has a certain amount of intuitive logic to it, but it's just not the case; the question isn't "why is this so?" but rather "what advantage does this confer to the amoeba?"

Incidentally, I did what you did not, which is look this up first: maybe this would clear things up a bit? See, before you call something a problem for atheists, you should make sure that is the case, but we already had an answer before you posed the claim so I have to ask: did you bother looking before you posted any of this? Thinking

Quote:This topic was to show that there must be an explanation for the complexity of life.

Yes. Yes, there must be an explanation. However, silence from one corner as to what that explanation might be does not make yours correct by default. Think about that.

Quote:Or a fallen and cursed creation as the result of the sin of Adam and Eve.

Why would giraffe necks change because of something Adam and Eve did?

Prove your assertion, don't just make it.

Quote:BTW, since the 18th century, the case against atheistic origin science is now even greater because of the discoveries in DNA, RNA, and the workings of the cell.

Alright, hot shot: how?

Quote:When an atheist proposes God as a rebuttal, the atheist has disproved himself.

Only if you're a deist. But you aren't, are you? You're a christian.

All gods are not your god. And hypotheticals do not mean we believe in god, they just mean we're asking you to account for variables you haven't yet addressed.

Quote:Atheistic origin science has completely failed to explain the universe and life.

So has religion. Science has gotten us further.

Quote:How do you know it will ever be able to?

Even if it doesn't, it'll be further along that religion.

Oh, and, argument from ignorance.

Again.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The vast complexity of living things proves that God exists (proof 1) - by Esquilax - October 2, 2013 at 10:20 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 35783 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  SCIENCE FINALLY PROVES.... ronedee 149 7773 September 29, 2023 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1326 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The joys of living in the bible belt mlmooney89 38 8009 August 8, 2017 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Proof that there is no God Nihilist Virus 10 2359 March 31, 2017 at 1:58 am
Last Post: ronedee
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 19185 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  If Yahweh exists, is he a fraud? Cecelia 33 5361 November 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 14324 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
Shocked Proof that god, exists. Checkmate atheists! Christian Poe-try 25 8090 May 31, 2016 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Proof that god does not exist Foxaèr 42 13422 December 4, 2015 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0